Dollhouse Plans... Idiot's Version

I am looking for some decent dollhouse plans that are fairly easy to understand and build. I have searched the web and found tons listed. The problem is no knowing the quality of the plans. I am looking for someone who has built something from a particular set and knows is there are any errors, omissions, etc.
If you want to know why I am looking, then read below, otherwise, thanks for any advice in advance.
Need some direction on dollhouse plans. If I had to rate my woodworking skills, I would say that I am pretty much middle of the road. I can make pretty much what ever I try to make, but I am not yet to the point where all the the joints are perfect. Let's just say I keep an ample supply of wood filler, caulk, or anything else I can think of to fill in the small gaps. <grin>
I have been asked to build a dollhouse for the daughter of a friend of the family. No problem I thought, they aren't looking for something that is collector quality, they want something that can take a beating from her for the next few years, stand to sit in storage for a while if she decides to keep it for her own daughter at some point, but not something they would feel bad about having to toss out if she was more than it could handle. I was thinking basic plywood box seperated into rooms with a plywood back that will sit againt the wall. This way I don't have to get too involved in the painting and detail work.
Then the wrench is thrown into the works. The friend decides he wants to do the building so he can tell his daughter that "daddy built it". I can understand that except for the fact that this guy is a great programmer, I am not sure he knows which end of the screwdriver will poke an eye out. We'll be building it in my shop, so I'll be there to oversee things and operate the saws and such, but I don't want him to feel like I am having to babysit him. I am looking for plans where I can cut all the parts and pieces and have them waiting for him so he can just glue and screw it all together. Any ideas?
Guess it may elp to know what kind of dolls... Would need to be Barbie doll size. Any one know what scale Barbie dolls are?

rscowboy wrote:

Try rec.crafts.dollhouses
rscowboy wrote:

You may want to look at some plans from Wood Magazine.
http://store.yahoo.com/woodstore/dollhouse.html
I rough cut these out for some grandfathers to build. A big issue is that the house fold up to store or it will be tossed out. This plan folds into its own box. The plans can be expanded on with store bought windows and little glue on bricks from places like hobby lobby. I even went so far to make lap siding with a little rabbit for overlap. The "standard" scale is 1:12. Barbies are 12" tall or 1:6 so a two story house is about 3 feet tall (can we say huge). Fisher Price plastic dollhouses use 1:12 scale. We bought the fisher price funiture for them to use. As the kids get older they are decorating the house with the help of my wife. They are using velcro to stick curtains on the windows and wall papering. Also watch out for stuff that they might break. Do not use wood glue if you think it can break. Use either hot melt or cut to a friction fit so it can be repaired. The wall paper is going up with rubber cement.
Dave

It's a little rough... <just kidding>
--
McQualude