Does wood glue (in bottle) die with age?

Look on the bright side, a while ago I dropped my bit set for my Akeda dovetail jig. Picture 7 router bits sticking up from a little plastic holder.
But I caught it.
But it was top heavy....
-Kevin
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 12:28:17 -0700 (PDT), "Thomas G. Marshall"

I use Elmer's Carpenters Wood glue. It does have a shelf life. Glue 20 years old probably would not be used on any furniture. Buy some fresh glue, and try not to buy a larger amount than you can use in a year or two. Keep cool, keep from freezing.
Maybe you can use the old glue to make some Silly Putty?
http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Silly-Putty

I'm half tempted to notify the company: they probably could use it for some testimonial.
Ok, ok. I'm beaten down----I'm giving up. I'll buy more. LOL...
Thomas G. Marshall wrote:

I've always used Elmer's wood glue, it is a good product. More important, I have a container of it that is at LEAST 20 years old and it works fine. It has thickened a bit but it's still yellow, just a little hard to get out of the bottle. Because of this, I bought a new bottle of the stuff because I never throw anything away... Still, I never had any glue joint fail using the old stuff.

If by WOT, you mean Way Off Topic, it is, but only if you think this is a political only group.
--
Jack

It isn't?

Nah, I meant Waste of Time. For some reason in my usenet circles it meant something different than merely off topic. The "OT" prefix is usually what I see for that. Since '95 or so , beats me which the "usenet old-timers" use more offten...