Does fuming effect gluing?

I'd swear this has been answered before, but does fuming QS oak before assembly effect its ability to be glued? I'm about to make some things for the wife. Wanted to make sure before hand.

Thx, Chris

Reply to
Chris Richmond - MD6-FDC ~

Nope, not at all.

Reply to
Caractacus Potts

The ammonia and the tannin have a chemical reaction that changes the color of the wood only and has no effect, worth speaking of. on the cell's ability to absorb glue.

Go to it.

Reply to
Mike G