Does anyone remember a Fine Woodworking mag with a bombe chest on the back page?

I remember the mag had a pic of a bombe chest that they said was one of only 4 in the world. If you have it, I could really use a scan of it for a project I would like to start.
Thnx

I tried to send you email but your address is invalid. Hopefully someone can help you out directly. If not, the following may help.
I've got nearly a complete set of Fine Homebuilding but very few back issues of Fine Woodworking, so I can't help you out directly. However, I would advise you to contact the editorial department of Fine Woodworking and plead for help in identifying the issue. My impression of the folks at Taunton Press is that they are highly dedicated to the subject matter of the respective magazines... and view good homebuilding, good woodworking, good gardening, etc to be a universal goal for all mankind. Make sure you tell them how much you like their magazine. :-) Their webaddress, if memory serves, is www.tauntonpress.com.
They have lots of back issues for sale. I suppose I would ask them to identify the issue number and then ask if you can buy a back issue. If not, ask them to make a copy of the article for a fee. They'll probably do it pro-bono, but it would still be worth it even if they charge a copy fee. Finally, if all else fails some libraries have back issues.
On 1 Sep 2003 15:14:57 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (William Blake) pixelated:

Articles are $3.50 each (PDF download)
Back issues are only $7.99 each! Plus $3.50 s/h per order. Canadian residents add 7% GST. Connecticut residents add 6% sales tax.
http://www.tauntonpress.com/store/pages/fw_toc_045.asp The only "bombe" I found on the site is no longer in print, from ! 1984 !, so the article is probably not listed in their index.
- Woodworkers of the world, Repent! Repeat after me: "Forgive Me Father, For I Have Stained and Polyed." - http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Design
Perhaps there's a need for Taunton Press to put all the back issues onto CDs or DVDs.
(William Blake)

On 4 Sep 2003 06:15:29 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (William Blake) pixelated:

Perhaps they've already done that ("Best of" articles, not the entire mags) and want CONSIDERABLE cash for them.
http://www.taunton.com/store/fwarchive/fwcd_order.asp
-- Friends Don't Let Friends Eat Turkey and Drive -- http://diversify.com Website Programming and Development

Got it. Send me a legit email address if you want it.
Rgds
Noel noel dot hegan at virgin dot net