Does anyone in the Group Like This Format?

Hi Group, Yikes! What the *&%$# happened to our group format. Not quite as easy to browse through the messages is it? I suppose I;ll get used to it after a while. Personally, I liked the old one much better! What does everyone else think? Stuck in the Past, Michael

Reply to
MrMortise

Looks the same to me

Reply to
Steve

I get here through Google, and they've installed a new *beta* version of Google Groups. Looks completely different, fewer threads on top, harder to navigate, and full of glitches--lost links, odd happenings (I attempted to drag a window larger only to have it disappear completely, returning me to where I started, only now 'where I started' looked different), etc. It is a *beta* version, but damn. . . . I don't like it.

Dan

Reply to
d.kessell

Ummmmm... "format"? This is Usenet. It doesn't have a format (other than line width), because it's plain text.

Instead of being stuck in the past, methinks you've upgraded something. That something makes your newsreading experience different. Start there, and work forward.

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Craig

But my posting gets posted immediately!!! WOW!!!

Dan

Reply to
d.kessell

Looks like Google just rolled out there new groups stuff for rec.woodworking. Looks interesting, tho not that relevant to those of us who don't use Google to read newgroups. :)

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

Yeah, not just Google posts, either - I'm posting through my NNTP host and it's showing right up on groups.google.com. For the rest of us, this means searching Usenet via Google will no longer be 8 hours in the past, which is cool...

-BAT

Reply to
Brett A. Thomas

Whatever happened to "If it ain't broke don't fix it."?

FoggyTown

Reply to
foggytown

completely,

I also use the Google news and YES the new format Sucketh big time. It's their new format with more advertisements. They complicated a newsreader that was simple and easy. Oh well for now it's still free.

Reply to
dteckie

No shit! The number of posts change when you sort differently, and more than half of the posts by name that used to be there are missing.

I don't use it much, but will now use it less.

Progress ain't what it used to be.

Reply to
Swingman

Huh? It looks the same as always here.

Reply to
Mortimer Schnerd, RN

"> Yikes! What the *&%$# happened to our group format.

?????????????

Group Format?

I come in through the newsgroup servers. It has always looked this bad to me.

Kinda like it.

Reply to
RonB

Why? Doesn't the gte.net NNTP server carry rec.woodworking?

Reply to
J. Clarke

mozilla has some good tools for killing the ads.

Reply to
bridger

Get Free Agent newsreader

You can sort by subject [simple then to delete crap by message header], enlarge a window at a click, or return back the same way ..... incoming email facility with Agent, but just outgoing in the free version, but who cares?

Reply to
Guess who

The format is the same, just a larger percentage of glass along with the gems.

Reply to
Guess who

Ah, marketing above all else. Read all about it:

-Doug

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Apparently, groups.google.com has changed it's web interface to Usenet groups. Depending on what kind of system you have, you've got lots of options to read Usenet that don't involve google's interface. What are you using for a computer?

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Ummmm, yeah, those of us who looked at his headers already identified the problem and proposed some options for him.

Reply to
Dave Hinz

what format???

Reply to