Does anyone have a 2 or 2 annahalf " DC system?

I do my sanding waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over thataway. And the underpowered DC is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over yonder.
I see Rockular is stocking one of those clear plastic 2 1/2" set o pipes and gates that you can hook up to your shop vac. (http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?&offerings_id 649)
Does anyone have one of these? Are they useful for doing some simple sucking from sanders?
Even if the DC had more oooomph, I kind'a wonder about taking a 6" mainline to a 4" branch through a 2 1/2" reducer and down to a 1 1/4" flex hose to hook up to my PC 333 ROS...
Seems like a shorter connextion tween the ShopVac and the ROS would be beneficial.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 18:03:50 GMT, patrick conroy

I have a real DC system and think the Shop-Vac works better with handheld tools.
It's been described as velocity vs. volume to me, but I'm not sure I understand. The DC does a great job on jointers, planers, router tables, etc... The Shop-Vac is king for sanders, biscuit joiners, etc... A $20 Crapsman auto switch works really well with the vac.
Maybe someone will explain it differently, and I'll understand this time. <G>
Barry
I doubt that the DC will pull enough for what you want to do. You need high static pressure(vacuum) and low volume, i.e. a shop vac, for this application.
I use one of these and it works like a charm. http://www.portercable.com/index.asp?e399&p480 It's light and quite flexible and well worth the $20 I spent. The big end fits into my shop vac hose and the little end fits the 557 plate joiner, 743 circ saw, and the 333 sander. I wouldn't be without it.
Art

Yeah - I'm there. I'm just wondering if anyone's bought one of those 2 1/2" duct systems and built themselves a little DC system - in conjunction - with their 4" DC system.
I could see running the 2 1/2" pipes around the bench area for lil' tasks like sanding. And the 4" ducts around the machine area for the big tasks like planing.

A'yup. Though one thing that's a down side, the ribbed (for her pleasure) hose on the shoppe vac has a tendency to be a pain onna 'count of it catches on stuff (table edges/any right angle) and has to be continually manhandled/looked after/watched over. Not poo-pooing the usage, just that it is what it is. Now, if someone has a light-weight slip cover for the ribbed (for her pleasure) hose, I want to hear about it.
UA100, with his PC Tree-Turty-Tree hooked to the Fein Mini-Turblow and ain't going back...