Does anyone else pretend...

their Veritas shoulder plane is a bullnose plane? I haven't seen any mention of popping off the toe to convert it to a bullnose plane. As long as the rabbet is shallower than the height of the toe, I don't know why one can't use it as a bullnose plane. 'Fess up if you've removed the toe. Removing the toe saves me $139 + shipping (cost of bullnose plane).
Dave
Oddly enough, I was using my Veritas med. shoulder today and had the same thought. Hopefully someone will 'fess up. If not, I'll try it tomorrow...I, too, just gotta know! --dave

David wrote:

I should have said "chisel" plane. The Veritas Bullnose converts to a chisel plane, which is what I've approximated by removing the toe from my shoulder planes.
Dave
I was making some stopped dados today and thought I'd give it a try. Unfortunately, the shoulder plane does not work like a bullnose plane with the front removed. The iron just digs in. Oh well, looks like I'm out $139 plus shipping too! --dave