Does anyone else pretend...

their Veritas shoulder plane is a bullnose plane? I haven't seen any mention of popping off the toe to convert it to a bullnose plane. As long as the rabbet is shallower than the height of the toe, I don't know why one can't use it as a bullnose plane. 'Fess up if you've removed the toe. Removing the toe saves me $139 + shipping (cost of bullnose plane).

Dave

Reply to
David

Oddly enough, I was using my Veritas med. shoulder today and had the same thought. Hopefully someone will 'fess up. If not, I'll try it tomorrow...I, too, just gotta know! --dave

Reply to
Dave Jackson

I should have said "chisel" plane. The Veritas Bullnose converts to a chisel plane, which is what I've approximated by removing the toe from my shoulder planes.

Dave

Reply to
David

Reply to