Does African Mahogany get darker?

I am making a AM table. The wood is somewhat lighter than I want. If it will darken, as American mahogany does, I will be patient. If not, I will stain it. Or dye it. Any suggestions there?

i did my kitchen with it and it definately darkened over the last 8 or 9 months. looks real nice too!
skeez

dye the non-pink pieces?

proportions. the pink will turn brown on its own. at least mine did. if ya want consistant color you probly need to dye or stain it. i did mine clear cause i like the look.i used danish oil first then wipe on poly. the grain jumped up and said howdy!!! beutifull wood all on its own. BUT it does bruise easily so you hafta be carfull about plane marks and dust on the router table will scar it. when you wipe on the oil you will see every slight indentation soooooo you get the picture.
skeez