Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

Page 4 of 11
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:27:15 -0400, the infamous "Bill"

Loved her in "Vibes".
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

On 04/14/2010 12:16 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Larry, that was sheer poetry. I'm getting a little misty here.
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 13:41:15 -0500, the infamous Steve Turner

Better'n Keats, wot? <polishes fingernails on his shirt>
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

scrawled the following:

Now There's an idea!

for in today's market?
With modern DNA testing, to test its "provenance", it could go for MILLIONS!!
Just saying...
On 4/14/2010 5:42 PM, Lee Michaels wrote:

Hmmm ... wonder if Antiques Roadshow tested that Indian blanket for smallpox?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

But how would one prove it had been pissed Up?

How long is this rope?
scrawled the following:

How long is this rope?
Pull on it and the Heavens open up ...
On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 19:12:07 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Anything they made had a "pissed-up-a-rope quality" to it. It's integral to their crap. No proof necessary.
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 18:42:35 -0400, the infamous "Lee Michaels"

And it would be equally as artful.
Just saying...
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

On Wed, 14 Apr 2010 15:26:58 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Quite the evocative phrase, wot?
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

While Krenov's work is certainly inspirational, that's about the ugliest job of book design... or it would be, had "The Fine Art of Cabinetmaking" not been published. Both just scream the worst of late '70s design. (Thank goodness neither is set in ITC Souvenir.)
said:

I had a more difficult time with Tage Frid's first book. I found the pictures very difficult to follow. Didn't make it very far before I had to return it to the library. Maybe next time.

Whas that "Tage Frid Teaches Woodworking, Book 1: Joinery"? I found it very clear, in spite of some reproduction problems with the pix... though it's taken me about a year to resolve the cover illustration into a dovetail joint. Kept reading it as some abstract illustration -- no longer able to see that, now that I know what it's supposed to be!

Not so much computers and woodworking, I think, rather electronics and woodworking. I noticed a correlation some time back (maybe it's just that design is design - doesn't matter much what). Computers, to me, were just a way to get paid to design circuits. ;-)

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I was in the computer software development/support side, but I did design & build most of my ham radio gear - vacuum tubes no less.

Did some work with SRA in the early 80s ... Right after I spent an inspiring year at CACI :(
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 01:30:38 -0700, LDosser wrote:

I think IBM had bought them by then, hadn't they?

I don't think so. CACI was known as the Old Sailor's Home, there were so many retired revolving door Navy officers there. They had a bunch of Iranian Navy stuff squirreled away in Pennsylvania. This was during and right after the Hostage Crisis.