Do you use any computer based tool for doing project layout?

Page 3 of 11

http://gizmodo.com/205693/japanese-golden-poop-cellphone-charm
On 4/14/2010 11:39 PM, Steve wrote:

The more I learn about the Japanese, the more I realize that they are very strange.
On Thu, 15 Apr 2010 16:33:55 -0400, the infamous "J. Clarke"

I think that may be an Anime reference of some sort, but weird is global, mon. Global.
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

Craftsmen. Not artists. An Artist will take risks.
On 4/13/2010 9:45 PM, LDosser wrote:

Yeah, well I'm with Robatoy on this one. There are far too many self-proclaimed "artists" out there whose idea of "taking risks" is seeing how much of their no-talent crap we will swallow before we start questioning their right to call it "art". For my part, if I don't see the artistic _talent_ it took to create something, then I don't see any "art" at all.
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Not all risk takers are artists. Some just produce, well, shit.

Thatsa forshure. Most produce product that, well, in their minds is art, but really? Then there is that faction that is highly skilled in certain disciplines, like bronze casting, throwing pots, building medicine cabinets, but do they have the creativity to have it become art? I realize that some of that becomes extremely difficult to see. A local guy makes these doorknobs on his lathe. Basically balls on a bolt. Art? Then we have this thing every year called Art In The Park. I assure you that shit comes in many shapes, materials and colours. I have yet to see any of that kind of 'art' in the National in London (UK), Rijksmuseum or the Taft. That is not to say that I like all I have travelled to see, just no shit. At least no shit by my definition of shit.....and shit is in the eye of the beholder, n'est pas?

Thatsa forshure. Most produce product that, well, in their minds is art, but really? Then there is that faction that is highly skilled in certain disciplines, like bronze casting, throwing pots, building medicine cabinets, but do they have the creativity to have it become art? I realize that some of that becomes extremely difficult to see. A local guy makes these doorknobs on his lathe. Basically balls on a bolt. Art? Then we have this thing every year called Art In The Park. I assure you that shit comes in many shapes, materials and colours. I have yet to see any of that kind of 'art' in the National in London (UK), Rijksmuseum or the Taft. That is not to say that I like all I have travelled to see, just no shit. At least no shit by my definition of shit.....and shit is in the eye of the beholder, n'est pas?
or, don't look up at flocks of geese flying directly overhead ...
Robatoy wrote:

Economics suggests that as long as marginal gain exceeds marginal cost, there will be production. That's as simple as it gets.
Bill

...as long as there is nothing else with a higher profit.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I viewed "forsaken opportunities" as part of the marginal cost. Not being a bonafide economist, I'm not sure whether this is allowed or not. One probably shouldn't mix micro and macro economics, no?
Bill

Is art about production? FWIW, I don't believe Krenov ever claimed to be an Artist.

I do not think he would say that he sold "furniture". He called himself a "worker of wood", as opposed to a "woodworker". Evidently, to him there was a distiction. He was aware that many of his customers were people who might frequent art galleries--people who appreciated something finer...

As Willy Sutton famously said when asked why he robbed banks: "Because that's where the money is."

Few creative artists stray from an established theme. It is the core of their creativity and they will strive to 'better' that core, offer variations, but mostly their art will have identity of some sort. A Moore sculpture is relatively easy to identify. Many painters have a 'style' (some even call theirs 'De Stijl'.) Krenov had a style. Van Gogh had a style and to have the nerve to say that he did the same painting over and over will get you shot at dawn.
How many careers revolve around One Hit? (Now they call them a 'signature song'.)
They're milking it, folks! Wouldn't you?
Andy Warhol was more an Artist. He took risks.

I agree Warhol took chances and broke new ground. I quite like his stuff.

I agree Warhol took chances and broke new ground. I quite like his stuff.
I like his stuff too...but it is as recognizable as a Van Gogh.
On Tue, 13 Apr 2010 19:44:56 -0700, the infamous "LDosser"

Andy Warhol's work SUCKED. He and Picasso can go piss up a rope.
--
STOP THE SLAUGHTER! Boycott Baby Oil!

scrawled the following:

Gosh, I'm not even going to mention Cindi Lauper, then! ; )
scrawled the following:

Go listen to "True Colors" over at Amazon, and see if it doesn't move you in some way! ; )