Do you store your waterstones IN water?

Just bought my first set of waterstones. 1000/4000/8000. I know that the 8000 shouldn't be stored in water, as it doesn't need soaking. The other two will need soaking before use, so i thought I'd store them in water, so that they're always ready.
Is this ok, as long as they don't freeze?
Cheers,
J.
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:48:42 -0600, JP
I store my 220, 1000, and 2000 in water. I don't store my 4000 in water as the manufacturer says it's not necessary.
Barry
I believe I read somewhere that you arenot supposed to store them in water but tio add water when you are ready to use them. This also is very true about freezing temps klike we are having now. Ever seen a frozen waterstone? Makes you want to cry. Softly.
On Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:48:42 -0600, JP

Losing a loved one or a pet would make me cry. A frozen ANYTHING isn't going to make me cry; softly or otherwise. How would you react if there was REAL tragedy in your life?? :)
dave
Lawrence A. Ramsey wrote:

JP wrote:

I've had my stones (one is a King combination stone, 1000/6000) for years. They seem to be working fine...just like new.
--
Chris Merrill