Do you like Chinese products?

Page 1 of 2

Most power tools and accessories are made from China.their price is low,I don't know the products' quality??
My brand new TS is a Grizzly made in Taiwan ROC. The quality is excellent. I love it. Thanks to my other love for letting me buy it. Joe
bobotang wrote:

Where are you ?

I think there is still a world of difference between Taiwanese and China in some product lines. Taiwan has been at it longer. There's no doubt China is rapidly catching up.
Bob
Bob, I don't taiwanese produce what's bands? I heard from taiwanese produce bosch products.such as hammer drill bits,saw. the most products saled in China and Japan.The price is high.

Jet has some tools made there.
Bob

Its like American and European products but much cheaper, some good but a lot are just junk - more junk with the Chinese though but improving with time like the Japanese in the 50s. Well American, European and Japanese products are now made in China too. Do you want a Japanese care made in America? Many don't since the perceived quality is lower.
American products manufactured in the 60s or earlier would last a lifetime but times changed where we cut corners by using plastic instead of metal parts and product life expectancy is somewhere around 5 to 7 years instead of 20 to 40 years for things like washers, dryers, refrigerators, TVs and all things electronic.
Come to the point I do like some of the Chinese products but have to be careful to know which is junk and which is, in fact, pretty good. I have a rotary hammer, jack hammer, two floor drill presses and bunch of other stuff from China that works for me - much better than Craftsman (except for the industrial/commercial line) or Skills (except for the worm drive saw).

I also have a 10" wet saw from China that works pretty good - already paid for itself on the first kitchen and flooring project. The track is does not slide smoothly even after its greased but it works.
yes, I agree,Chinese products is much cheaper,the quality is not good.Some Chinese factory provide saws to Japan.Japanese company use their band and market take Chinese products to American and European market.Chinese products' quality is able to sale in US and European market,but they have not their own band and market. Japanese company earn the most money. If you in US or Euopean, Do you care about where did the products make from ?? you will choose the products'quality or bands?? If you want purchase Chinese products, I can help you .
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
I don't mind buying Taiwan stuff. Most of the router bits are now made there. It appears that more and more US companies are having their stuff made in China. Delta, etc. are note excluded they're all having China make stuff for them. Someday China will dump it all in our faces just like Japan did in WW2.

Scott wrote:

Japan didn't have as much heavy industry as China has built up in the past two decades, nor was the U.S. in a heavy industry decline as it has been for the past couple of decades. If another major war strikes, we'll be without the production capability to make what is needed. Hell, a couple years ago, the Army tried to buy its berets from China. That's probably a result of too many officers wearing French beanies.
It's ironic at best that when the Chinese take over the world, they will do so by using capitalism and it's inherent problems.
John Emmons

Didn't the Army want the berets on a tight deadline and no American manufacturer could meet it?
I would have cancelled the order before taking it overseas.
Brian Elfert
I feel most bits are now made in Zhejiang & Jiangsu province,China.There are two companies pass PGM.I think Chinese companies improve their tech and quality. Power tools and accessories have big market.China have cheaper workers and many matericals supplies.so many factories make products and sale to US and European Market.Bosch choose Hangzhou,Zhejiang Province,B&D choose suzhou,Jiangsu province. I don't know how many people are interesting in Chinese products? If you want to know the products and factores? I can tell you somthings.
bobotang-at-gmail.com
I've always been partial to pork fried rice...
John Emmons

Pork fried rice and Korean Kimchi is non hazardous according to NFPA 70 (NEC that is). Now super Kimchi could set you on fire but that's another discussion outside of woodworking.
Wood dust, on the other hand (NEC Article 500 Class II, Division 1 and 2), could be hazardous and under the right conditions could also result in an explosion.

Most? I don't know about that. Quite a few? Sure. And growing? Yes.
Quality is all-over-the-map, from "perfectly fine" to "awful".
Maybe you can give me the answer.