Do you care where your tools are manufactured?

Isn't that the typical behavior of a think-the-know-it-all teenager?

Reply to
John Horner

Only if you consider Taiwan part of China, which is the subject a lots of debate!

Reply to
John Horner

Yes the fuel works fine if delivered clean and uncontaminated. If your tank has water in it as most do, it will mix witht he fuel.

Yes but these products are used in small quantities. Typically 1/8 to 1/4" of a gallon to be introduced to 15 - 20 gallons of fuel. Alcohol based fuels typically have a minimum of 1.5 to 2 gallons of alcohol in 15-20 gallons of fuel.

Reply to
Leon

Nothing.

One of the reasons for the popularity of large SUV's was the way a vehicle 6000 pounds was depreciated by self-employed individuals.

Reply to
B A R R Y

I checked out a Saw Stop in person recently, and it does appear to have very nice fit and finish. If the materials match the fit and finish, the saw will prove to be a very high-quality tool.

Reply to
B A R R Y

The valve is not present in the correct Toyota oil filter.

Reply to
B A R R Y

Oh, ok. That's much easier to get accomplished, then, I'm sure. (The political aspects I won't comment on. :) )

--

Reply to
dpb

Current "Dual-fuel" vehicles will run all the way to E85 which is 85% alcohol, not just E10.

The dissolution of any water w/ the fuel is actually "a_good_thing" (TM) as compared to gasoline as icing and "water-misses" will be a thing of the past for them (essentially you have a continuous scavenger).

It does take some care in handling, but that will simply be part of the infrastructure. I foresee no significant issue on that score.

--

Reply to
dpb

Alcohol does not have the specific energy on a volume basis of gasoline, true. That's not the same thing at all as a net negative energy balance.

If it "burns" it contributes...there's that doggone thermodynamics stuff again for ya'... :)

dpb

Yes it burns but if it contributes 10% of what gasoline does and delivers less for more cost what have you accomplished?

Reply to
Leon

I'll have to pay more attention the next time I see a drag race with the alcohol funny cars. I could swear I see them moving down the strip with all that filler in the tank.

todd

Reply to
todd

AFAIK, the Federal emissions laws for vehicle manufacturers still have a sliding scale for fuel economy and if they make enough 30 mpg cars they can make "X" number of 10 mpg trucks and SUV's..

Then, California puts stuff in the unleaded fuel that's supposed to make it burn cleaner.. 2 results from that are that they found out that the additives were poisoning the ground water and that you got less mpg with the "cleaner" fuel, so you needed to burn more gas and make more emissions to go the same distance...

Glad we're out of all that craziness now...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

I've seen Hillary Clinton do it to Bush. It's a typical reaction to a statement so far off the wall that one has trouble figuring out how to _start_ educating the person making it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

The major part of it however is the fact that they are not counted in the government-mandated corporate average fuel economy taxation imposed on automobile manufacturers. I think you'll find that most SUV drivers are _not_ self employed. Further, most SUVs do not weigh

6000 pounds.
Reply to
J. Clarke

not worth it.. they can make more in Mexico at a good job than in the States picking grapes..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

Or, they could have designed a real diesel engine and had a lot less problems..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Reply to
mac davis

The generous tax deduction for business owned vehicles (which includes just about every consultant, small business and contract employee like real estate agents) was for a time only available to vehicles with over a 6,000 lb. gross vehicle weight (vehicle plus full load). Hummers, Expeditions and the like qualified while normal passenger vehicles did not. Thus a large number of folks were given a tax break only if they bought a monster truck instead of a passenger vehicle. The deduction allowed for a full write off in the year of purchase.

You can read all about it here:

John Horner

All you need is a part time gig to deduct the expenses for that business.

Gross weight, not light weight. Lots of SUV's and quad cab pickups gross over 3 tons.

Check out his list:

Reply to
B A R R Y

When does it become viably economical? When the oil companies are squeezing the last drops out of the ground and charging us $50 a gallon for gas?

Reply to
Ralph

The topic being what. I thought this topic was about tools.

Reply to
Ralph