Do we really need an air cushion router plate? (Shown in "Wood" magazine)

What's next?

Also in "Wood": the editors don't know how to spell "vise". Their writer referred to the device used to grip objects between two beefy jaws as a "vice". Sigh.

Reply to
David

Throb.

Reply to
jo4hn

Well,... Yeah....! Much easier to keep the router going smoothly when you are also wearing the air cushion shoe inserts.

Reply to
Leon

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:06:55 -0800, David vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

"vice vise Americans use vise for the tool and vice for the sin; Commonwealth usage has vice for both. "

Have it your way, but there's a _world_ out there, mate.

***************************************************** Dogs are better than people.

People are better than dogs for only one purpose. And then it's only half of ofthe people. And _then_ most of them are only ordinary anyway. And then they have a headache.........

Reply to
Old Nick

As a person who struggles with with spelling constantly, I agree that there is a sad decay of quality of writing these days. It COULD be that the author was English, though... Or...it could be that it was a subtle joke on what woodworking is to the heavily addicted. Or...it was more likely written with a M$ product that simply chose the word the SOFTWARE thought the person wanted, and, since a spell check did not burp it out as an error...the "proofreader" (and I DO know these tend to be mythical creatures these days) simply missed it. Regards Dave Mundt

Reply to
Dave Mundt

I'll agree with you on the air assist base for the router but, we have it on the Jim Beam (1) saw at work and it's a hellava thing/can't live without it.

(1) 12'ish CNC panel saw.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

"vice" YEAH, woodworking is almost a vice........but it keeps me off the streets.

Reply to
Rick Samuel

BFD.

Reply to
Morris

Size DOES matter, doesn't it?

David

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Reply to
David

I bought two. Have the attached to a pair of Rockports. My thinking is that I'll be able to gliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide across the shop from jointer to saw to planer.

Reply to
patrick conroy

LOL! How about posting an avi on ABPW? Be sure to post a warning, "Don't try this home" across the bottom of the movie.

David

patrick c>

Reply to
David

'Specially when the size is 5' X 12' sheet goods.

UA100

Reply to
Unisaw A100

wish I could get those here.

actually, I wouldn't want very many of them. too big for my truck, or my sheet goods rack...

Reply to
bridger

The hell with the truck; what about your back? :)

David

snipped-for-privacy@thanks.com wrote:

Reply to
David

Sorry - I've got double vision - can't read this. Damn things slipped, my legs went a-flyin and I cracked my skull. Talking to a lawyer now; there's gotta be someone I can sue!

Reply to
patrick conroy