DJ 20 assembly glitch

Since there have been a few DJ 20 questions as of late, I thought I'd chime in with another. After hoisting the jointer up onto the cabinet/base all by my lonesome (a car floor jack, a lot of 4x4's and very little common sense, IF you must know) I began to bolt it down. But the jointer doesn't sit flat on the cabinet/base. It sits atop 2 of the round head bolts that secure the motor. If I tighten the 8 bolts, the cabinet bends upwards to meet the bottom of the jointer. Are all of the DJ 20's like this???                             Mark L. (Still searching the shop floor for my nuts......)
Nevermind, I just realized that the motor is not mounted in the final location.
Mark L. wrote:

hope you recovered the nads...fortunately there are not too many pieces you can make in wood that will confuse you as you search the floor. Delta instructions are not all that accurate (my DJ15 said to mount the motor pulley the wrong way...as I always assume the engineers know what they are talking about, I did it their way, then fought and fought the resulting alignment issue until I finally said screw it and did it the way I always thought made more sense).

These Delta instructions are getting worse with every machine I buy. They tell you the motor is mounted and pre-wired, mine was mounted in the wrong location. I also have one pulley in the bag and one is already mounted to the motor. Oh, did I mention that the one mounted to the motor was loose, the setscrews weren't tightened. I thought it would be prudent to double-check anything those little Chawainese may have tightened themselves. Imagine the lawsuit if someone just fired up their new motor and the pulley was embedded in their forehead??? And they say to replace the back cover, then assemble the pulley/belt guard. But to assemble said guard, the back cover needs to be removed. Oh well.... But the quality seems to be fine, beautiful grinding job on the tables. As a tool and die maker, I can appreciate a good ground finish. And conversely, a poor grinding job makes me cringe. Hopefully I'll fire it up 2day....