diy router lift

Saw a router raizer on craigslist for $30 and when I googled it to see if it would work with my PC69X I came across these instructions that seem doable.
http://www.instructables.com/id/Ultra-cheap-router-lift /
Anybody ever try something like this?
PS http://cnj.craigslist.org/tls/1366337969.html
Limp Arbor wrote:

I've been using a Router Raizer with my Makita 3612C for many years, and it's a fine solution for turning a plunge router into a router lift, but not all routers are well-suited to the task (and my Makita is one of them). I've come up with workarounds for the problems (removed one of the lift springs, and drilled through the shaft casting and into the shaft sleeves and inserted a short roll pin into each one to keep the sleeves from working their way out of the casting). Since doing that it works fine.