diy plans

any ideas what sites have a good range of free diy plans. have been told of some but cant remember. help appreciated.
Enjoy
http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/resources/index.php?cat 2
http://plans.the3house.com/all_plan_alpha.php
http://www.allwoodwork.com/plans.htm

Their "absolutelyfree" wet bar plans are $19.95.
Joe
On 4 Feb 2004 19:35:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (sam) wrote:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=free+woodworking+plan&btnG=Google+Search
'nuff said.
Barry
(sam) wrote:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=free+woodworking+plan&btnG=Google+Search
Why bother with a crass reply like that. There is so much crap out there that maybe, just maybe, the OP thought he may get some pointers to decent plans and sites from a woodworking group and not just dross.
God I hate idiots.
On 5 Feb 2004 23:45:54 -0800, ERIC___ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Eric Cartman) wrote:

Crass reply?
Just about ALL of the other suggestions showed up on the very first page of the search I set up. This question is asked so frequently that I've got that search bookmarked. Many other folks no longer even bother to reply to this question.
Maybe we should visit the OP and build something for him? I would hate to have him put some of his own time an effort into it.
If he's looking for a decent plan, maybe asking for Morris Chair plans, candle stand plans, or the like might provide something more to your liking.
Barry
I find all the plans I want by starting with google.com
It is a good, honest response IMHO.
Leslie
--
She's got tools, and she knows how to use them.

"Eric Cartman" <ERIC___ snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

Of course he said what kind. He said FREE.
You guys and your google, you don't get it. It's a lousy way to find free plans. Every Tom, Dick, and Harry SELLING woodworking plans sticks the word FREE in their meta tags so the search engines will list them.
There are FEW sites which truly have free plans. Most only have 1 or 2 free ones, and if you try searching for something specific, the engine picks up the word FREE somewhere on the page, and you think you have a good hit.
Try it, search for "coffee table free plan" in google and the entire first page that is returned is crap.
Maybe all you retired guys have all the time in the world to screw around searching thousands of sites for truly free plans, but many of us don't. Why not just help the guy out and post a couple of links that you KNOW contain free plans, instead of getting on your soap box?
(sam) wrote:

<http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=free+woodworking+plan&btnG=Google+Search
Have you even followed the links that this search pulls up? There's nary a free plan in any of them.
On 6 Feb 2004 13:37:40 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

Did you? I was able to find free plans in less than 30 seconds in those results. I'm not saying they're exciting, but they're free. The OP never stated ANY details as to project preferences, etc...
The first link will email plans to those who sign up, look at dat! FREE!
I followed the second link and in two clicks was looking a FREE plan for an auxiliary band saw table, via Woodcraft's site.
I don't normally build from plans, but when I do, I can often get all the free plans I want at my local LIBRARY. <G> Websites cost money to run, libraries are already paid for by you and I.
Going to the library requires dragging one's ass into the library and looking, as do search engines. The problem with FREE is that someone has to pay to produce or distribute them, most really good plans aren't free.
Barry
sam wrote...

http://www.justwoodworking.com
--
Jake Jarvis
sam wrote:

Sam...
Plans to build /what/ yourself? A house? A dining table? A toy? Follow the link in my sig to learn about asking smart questions...
--
Morris Dovey
West Des Moines, Iowa USA