DiY Cyclonic Dust Seperator (Dust Weasel)

Using items from around the house and his burned out shop vac he created a cheap cyclonic dust collector. Pretty neat and dirt cheap!
Check out this DiY dust control project done by grumpygeek.com... http://grumpygeek.com/?page_id 5
`Casper
No on likes this guy's home-made dust cyclone??

Can't find any drink cups big enough to take care of my dust mess. This includes the Quik Trip Big-pisser size.
Pretty cool thought.
RonB

4 hours is far too long. Doesn't the guy have a bucket and a hot glue gun? That's all our first one used.
The only rule of cyclones is that they're easier to do and work better than you'd expect. Crude is fine.
Then make yourself a steel one, just so it doesn't break when you knock it over.

Really? In the beginning I almost thought the top one was actually a take-out soup container like the kind from a chinese place. I think they're a bit sturdier and might last longer.

Heh, yeah. I ended up skipping through the video the first time to get to the meat. He's definitely a little long-winded on this one.
Still pretty cool he made one so lo-tech. I don't have one in my setup and haven't felt the need, but I might try this out, with better cups. I like anything that preserves my equipment and saves me money.
`Casper