DIY AirCleaner

Guts for $105.

idea or bad idea???

I've got a small gara^H^H^H^Hshop that, oddly enough, resembles a single bay of a garage. Wondering if this is an inexpensive way for someone with assembly skills...

Reply to
patrick conroy

Why not scrounge an old furnace blower and build a box with a couple of good filters on it?

I built mine that way. $20.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

Please pardon the blank message - button finger is faster than the typing finger.

In my opinion, it's a great idea - which may be why I did it. I didn't use this kit. Instead I gathered the pieces and parts individually. However, I probably would have used the 930 cfm kit had it been available at the time I built mine.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Reply to
Tom Veatch

"patrick conroy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@armada.sprintco.bbn.net:

Doesn't look like such a great deal when you compare to:

Amazon.com: JET AFS-1000B / 708620B Air Filtration System ($189.00 no shipping), comes with case, eyebolts, and remote control, and right now if you spend another $10.99 in tools and hardware you will get $25 off, bringing the total cost to $175.

So for the PennState kit, add the cost of plywood to build the case, eyebolts to hang it, and labor, to the $105 + $10 shipping.

I don't know the relative performance of each unit, or if the PennState comes with a remote control.

Reply to
Patrick Fitzgerald

Take a run by Lowes and ask the manager what kind of price he can give you on a Delta--they're discontinuing the Delta product line for some reason and just about everything is heavily discounted.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Damn, I just checked Amazon and the price went up from $189 to $249. And just when I had a $50 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket.

Reply to
Patrick Fitzgerald