DIY AirCleaner

Guts for $105. http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code 465KIT
Good idea or bad idea???
I've got a small gara^H^H^H^Hshop that, oddly enough, resembles a single bay of a garage. Wondering if this is an inexpensive way for someone with assembly skills...

Why not scrounge an old furnace blower and build a box with a couple of good filters on it?
I built mine that way. $20.

Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Please pardon the blank message - button finger is faster than the typing finger.
In my opinion, it's a great idea - which may be why I did it. I didn't use this kit. Instead I gathered the pieces and parts individually. However, I probably would have used the 930 cfm kit had it been available at the time I built mine.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA

Doesn't look like such a great deal when you compare to:
Amazon.com: JET AFS-1000B / 708620B Air Filtration System ($189.00 no shipping), comes with case, eyebolts, and remote control, and right now if you spend another $10.99 in tools and hardware you will get $25 off, bringing the total cost to $175.
So for the PennState kit, add the cost of plywood to build the case, eyebolts to hang it, and labor, to the $105 + $10 shipping.
I don't know the relative performance of each unit, or if the PennState comes with a remote control.
--
Patrick Fitzgerald
www.barelyfitz.com/homepages/patrick.fitzgerald/woodworking
patrick conroy wrote:

http://www.pennstateind.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PSI&Product_Code 465KIT
Take a run by Lowes and ask the manager what kind of price he can give you on a Delta--they're discontinuing the Delta product line for some reason and just about everything is heavily discounted.
--
--John
Patrick Fitzgerald wrote:

now if

Damn, I just checked Amazon and the price went up from $189 to $249. And just when I had a $50 gift certificate burning a hole in my pocket.
--
Patrick Fitzgerald -- http://www.barelyfitz.com/wood