Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Page 6 of 6
Yo, Hoyt. Your original post says "two weeks ago". Actual order was made the 4th. Not two weeks. The package was delivered to your location in one week. In another post, you stated that Fed Ex had a habit of leaving packages in that location, unsigned for. Why were you not on the lookout? It sounds to me like the project was going kaplooey and the "urgency" of receiving this order just fueled whatever frustration was going on. Sounds to me like you got your panties in a knot and HAVE to be upset with someone.....IMO you don't need to be upset with Lee Valley OR Fed Ex. They did their jobs. When I am waiting on an important delivery, I leave a note taped to the door with instructions for the driver WAY in advance of expected delivery. "leave on back porch, etc." And the I CHECK EVERY DAY....doh. It's really not fair to downfault anyone when so many resources are at your fingertips...tracking numbers, etc. Perry

You are soooooooooooooooooo hot!!!

That seems to be the case. Also, they claimed to have delivered it on the 11th; I believe you dispute this as well.

I reproduce below a sentence that is deliberately misleading:

Here you imply that you placed the order two weeks ago. Instead, you waited 4 days from the time that you needed the two items before finally placing the order on the 4th (which was 10 days prior to your complaint, not two weeks). Unless you specify, and agree to pay for, rapid delivery, a 10 day waiting period is well within the acceptable range for mail order service. I think your public complaint was unjustified.
Ken Muldrew snipped-for-privacy@ucalgary.ca

Ken, want me to find you a dead horse and you can beat on it for a while?
In reply to the posting by Sam Krenov, I will reply to Mr. Muldrew. Mr. Muldrew, I do not dispute the date FedEx records show to be the delivery date. It was found by me only this morning, the 15th of September. I think the actual delivery was when I picked up the package from the floor of my front porch. From a technical and legal point of view, I never officially accepted delivery. I took it, unopened, to my local FedEx Freight office this morning and they now have custody of it. I have told Rob Lee this in much more detail than is stated here.
Hoyt Weathers
Sam Krenov wrote:

I'm thinking somebody is needing an upping of their meds.
UA100, off to continue debunking the lumber car...

I was thinking that maybe you just needed a cool down period to regain composure and reasonable thinking.. but Geeeesss I would expect that explanation of delivery time from my 10 year old son but now that he is 16 even he knows that that crap for an excuse does not fly.
I suspect Hoyt, that you find it hard to accept responsibility.

Yeah, use that analogy to explain to the judge why you did not show up for a jury summons. It is your responsibility to look out for yourself and be mature enough to take the initiative to do so.
The real bummer part about all this is not only will Rob lose a sale through no fault of his own, but now he'll grant a full refund on the original purchase, including the freight and he'll eat it with a smile on his face. I s'pose sooner or later it'll transpire to higher costs for Rob resulting in a higher retail price. At the end of the day Hoyt doesn't get a new "toy" for the shop and feels compelled to take time and gas out of his budget to "deliver" the package back to Fed Ex, Rob gets to demonstrate their attitude for customer service and all of us will shake our heads at the whole thing at the same time we're aware that it could have happened to any of us yet knowing the "good guys" took another one.....
sigh.....
Rob
http://www.robswoodworking.com

A lot of people have taken shots at you for this post. I'm not sure exactly what the problem is so I'm asking for more info. Tell me if this is correct: You placed a phone order and assumed (i.e., didn't ask) the order would arrive at a certain date. Order didn't arrive and you no longer want it. You blame Lee Valley for the late delivery. This is where I'm unclear. What did Lee Valley do wrong?
Dennis Vogel

Oh what the heck, I might as well get my shot in here too.
So either you have a veeeeery large front porch and the package was lost for days and days, or... oh wait a minute, I see now that you don't go out that door. So, you expect FedEx to "go over the hill and thru the woods" and deliver to some special place from where you make your egress at your house, sans instructions from you - either to Lee Valley upon placement of order or by a note taped to door, or ??? You think FedEx reads your mind, or that they deliver to special places at everyone's house?
Then....
As you wait with baited breath for your urgent delivery, you don't once think that it may be sitting on your FRONT porch. And, then you let out a rant, bitching about LeeValley, which goes overboard on customer service (try this same episode with another vendor). Here's an idea - back up and say, "geeze, I'm sorry, I f&^^k'd up and didn't THINK!
(Now,(for example) if you have some interesting set up where you have an alley behind your house and everyone routinely makes deliveries back there, I take back a _part_ of my rant at you)
Renata

Renata notes:

Ah, hell. I've got an alley alongside my house, but it's narrow (funny thing about alleys), and none of the delivery people are interested in going there and into my tiny, fenced back yard. So it's front porch for deliveries 99% of the time, regardless of requests. So, I look.
Probably as well they don't go into the alley: the kids down the other end blow through here on and in a wide variety of clapped out vehicles, blast across the street and into the extension of the alley on that side. If they ever got whacked by a delivery truck, it would bring on a real spate of "child on bicycle is hit by vehicle" as we had a week or so ago. Turned out a 17 year old ignored a stop sign and ran into the side of a passing car, so the TV and newspaper dolts tried to make it the driver's fault. I don't think many of the kids on our alley are 17 yet, though. Some may make it.
Charlie Self
"Integrity without knowledge is weak and useless, and knowledge without integrity is dangerous and dreadful." Samuel Johnson
Wow. Coulda fooled me. I read nothing but contempt for Lee Valley's phone order system, order handling and shipment notification. Glad you cleared it up, though.
Dennis Vogel