Dissatisfied with Lee Valley order

Page 2 of 6
I have been placing orders with Lee Valley by phone, by web and never had a problem. They have been great. They even replace one of the item I order by mistake ,(when I was at fault) Lee Valley is always my top choice., in woodworking supply.

complete on

method would be

needed the

project in order

have informed

communication
in this

Valley. That

Someone flubbed

telephone
that person

Hoyt,
A lot of people have taken you to task because you posted something against LV. Personally, I think it's a good thing. No-one should be made to feel intimidated to post their experiences, good or bad. Most of us who've dealt with LV know this is likely to be an aberration and fixed fairly quickly, the company is simply the best out there. Being the best, it doesn't necessarily follow that they're perfect; as I am sure Robin Lee would agree.
A hallmark of a great company is not in never making a mistake, it lies in how it handles the situation after the inevitable mistakes are made. LV are a great company, give them a little time.
cheers,
Greg
PS I have ordered some items from here in Australia and received them in good time and condition, better, in fact, than some local companies manage.
pixelated:

It's a good thing that they took him to task or it's a good thing that he posted his gripe? 6 demerits and a "Bailiff..." for lack of clarity, sir.
See how grammar counts, even here on the lowly Wreck, boys and girls?
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

against
Did you read the rest of the message? It's quite clear if you continue reading.
See how common sense counts, even here on the lowly Wreck, boys and girls?
pixelated:

Begone, troll.
- Inside every older person is a younger person wondering WTF happened. --- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

that
girls?
continue
Said the kettle to the pot.
Larry Jaques wrote in rec.woodworking
snip

ROFLMAO Larry, if you are refering to "Bailiff, whack his p__ p__" your age is truly showing. I haven't heard that in 15 or 20 years. I got a good laugh out of it.
On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 19:30:20 GMT, Ward Cleaver

That was exactly what I referred to, thanks.
- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Glad to see there are still some of us out there that remember the classics.
Probably more of a classic than you realize... I first heard the PP joke in 1974.

Yeah, I still have that Cheech and Chong album in my collection. I just love old vinyl.
Leon wrote in rec.woodworking

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 21:43:09 GMT, Ward Cleaver

Better pull your mukluks out of the cellophane before the scorch.
- Interpreted Interpolations Done Dirt Cheap. ----------- http://diversify.com Website Application Programming

Who is he talking to? And how does he make his voice *DO* that?
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Hoyt -
Sorry you had a problem with your order...I've located it on our system, and it shows:
Order placed Sept 4th Order shipped Sept 5th Order delivered Sept 11th - "signed for at front door 10:38AM" according to FedEx
Normally, when an order is placed by phone, we give the shipping information (when we will ship, and about how long it will take) - there is not usually any further contact than that...
Certainly, we'll take the parcel back, and refund your money, including original shipping, and return postage.
Sincerely -
Rob Lee President Lee Valley Tools Ltd.

complete on

method would be

needed the

project in order

have informed

communication
in this

Valley. That

Someone flubbed

telephone
that person

To Robin Lee:
I just looked on my front porch for the order package. It was just outside the door. FedEx has a bad habit of leaving packages there with no notification to anyone in my home. It is for certain that no person in my house signed for it. Who signed for the package? I think FedEx falsified that matter. Since I now have the unopened package, I will take it to FedEx and refuse delivery. It should then be returned to Lee Valley for refund credit to my account.
I apologize to Lee Valley and to all on this board for the whoop la I caused over this matter. The blame goes to FedEx alone.
Sincerely, Hoyt Weathers
Robin Lee wrote:

popping
Yeah, we know Charlie, you're perfect and you're willing to admit it.

What's with the attitude?
FWIW I think Charlie is right and Hoyt acted inappropriately.
Businesses depend on their good reputation and the goodwill of their customers. To trash a company without foundation is as wrong as it is to damage the reputation of any person. When done on a public forum and, more specifically, a public forum devoted to the discussion of the area of business that the company is in, the offence is even greater.
As to the alleged perfection of Mr. Self: If I were to look back over the many years that Charlie has participated in this group, I would find him to be perfectly within his rights to tell you to go to hell.
Charlie has always taken the time to help out Wreckers of all levels of competence and to do so with wit and style. He is knowledgeable and shares his knowledge willingly.
Looking back over your contributions for the nine months that you've been hanging around here, I wonder if you could say the same about yourself.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Big deep lung full of cold crisp Pennsylvania air this morning Tom <g!>
Rob
<snipped> , I would

OKH#4-swoosh.
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson

Unfortunately WV may be getting the good, clean air rammed down its throat later this week if that storm comes near...Good Luck with that..