Disposing of water full of metal from sharpening on waterstones

Page 2 of 2
And when you introduce soil and the chemicals/critters contained therein, the process gets more complicated.
http://www.2the4.net/iron.htm
Which, back to the beginning, indicates that sludge from waterstones is pretty much dirt.
(Larry Bud)

http://www.haverford.edu/educ/knight-booklet/mustitrust.htm )
Easy, drop a magnet in the bucket and slosh it around, wait until the next day and pour the water on the ground, take out the magnet and give it a few rubs with a stiff brush to get the filings off of it over a garbage can.
Bert
On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:43:41 +0000, Bert & Eileen Plank wrote:

Even better, turn a small plastic bag (Glad bag) wrong side out and put the magnet in it. When it picks up the filings just grab the top of the bag and lift the magnet out, seal the bag and throw it away. That way you don't end up with a magnet with a slurry of metal on it.
Hmmmmm, sounds like a description of - dirt.
Come to think, that's where it started, too.

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 06:00:01 GMT, Keith Amidon

How much metal are we talking about? I dump mine on the grass or flowerbeds, and I've got a very nice lawn and gardens. Some iron (or other metals) is actually very good for plants. Don't dump it all in one spot, I usually toss the dirty water 30 feet.
http://216.239.41.104/search?q che:kH3K7XvWbYQJ:soilcrop.tamu.edu/publications/pubs/l5241.pdf+plants+need+iron&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Most rose bushes & hardy shrubs love rusty water, stir it up & pour a small circle about six inches around the roots area.
--
Jon Down