Digital Bevel Gauge negated!?

http://www.woodpeck.com/anglereferenceplate.html?et_midT0217&rid341059
For those extremely rare occasions when I apply a protractor to my bevel gauge here is the deluxe version of the dust collector (for me...) ;~)
John Grossbohlin wrote:

And no batteries! But will it give you the reciprocal at the push of a button?
--
Gerald Ross

Confusion not only reigns, it pours
On 2/24/2012 9:43 AM, Gerald Ross wrote:

You must mean the "complement" (or supplement) of the angle?
Bill wrote:

Thanks for reminding me that it's been 53 years since I had geometry, and I didn't do too well at it then, either. Actually the instructions call it the reverse angle. Even more confusing.
--
Gerald Ross

Confusion not only reigns, it pours
On 2/24/2012 1:20 PM, Gerald Ross wrote:

The device calls it REV/INV angle, which, when pressed, indeed gives the "supplemental angle" (180 degrees minus the angle read on the device).
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

"Negated" how? By requiring two part parts to perform the same function, and keep track of; by being without an instantly available readout at the push of a button, and requiring two parts to get one; by being too bulky to go in your apron pocket, or tool pouch, if you want the same functionality; by being almost twice the price, factoring in shipping; and not being available immediately, and from just one source?
That said, their write-up nicely made the case for the very _functionality_ you have been going out of your way to cast doubt on, as above, ever since the issue came up. :)
Negated?, Hardly. :)
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

LOL... It's a methods of work issue for sure.
Here's another tool that garnered a lot of strange reactions when I showed it at my woodworker's club meeting. It's my most recent favorite tool...
http://www.grizzly.com/products/Hammer-Hacking-Knife/T20433
An amazingly handy tool. Falls well into the notion that you start out with the coarsest tool you can. I use it to split boards along the grain to start grain matching for glue ups, split out stock for dowels, etc. Old school... not well understood or appreciated by guys who use feeler gauges, micrometers, and digital readouts in their woodworking. I float between meat powered and electric powered... Neander/Normite... depends on my mood and the job.
John

I use one of several (sm, med, lg) Old Hickory butcher knives I picked up at a garage sale, for $1. They're good for cleaning under your finger nails, occassionally, too.
Sonny

Here's another "old school" tool, but this one well understood by guys who use "feeler gauges, micrometers, and digital readouts in their woodworking":
http://hydestore.com/hyde-tools-45600-9-1-2-bent-pry-bar-scraper.html
And, with a little duct tape, your "dust collection" is indeed possible. :)
Well under ten bucks online ...
--
www.eWoodShop.com
Last update: 4/15/2010

I've got a similar tool and there are times it is the right tool for sure....