Difficult fastening techniques.

Page 1 of 2
For no reason other than my pleasant relationship with these whacky people:
http://www.rotaloc.com/home.html
I use their variety of goodies to attach sinks to the bottom of solid surface countertops. I also find myself using their fasteners in many other situations. I'm not sure if I ever posted their link in the past, but they are worth looking into.

A Spam in sheep's clothing...

Looked more like a regular poster that wanted to share a product he was pleased with. Greg

Thank you. Greg.

That's right, Fuckbreath, my Bentley needs new tyres, so I said to the Rotaloc people: "Listen, I will get you maximum exposure to the big spenders, like ROY!, and we'll all get rich! RICH!!! . . . . idiot . . .

Ah newbies.
Before you go jumping to conclusions - and opeing your mouth, figuratively, you might want to check with google - search Groups by author and see if your initial judgement is correct before implying a poster is a spammer. That search will also tell you when the person began posting messages to this forum.
http://groups.google.com/advanced_search?q =& in the Group box enter rec.woodworking in the Author box enter Robatoy
You'll find 3,470 results
First impressions, especially in an all text forum, are often wrong - you don't get tone of voice, volume, pitch, facial expressions, body language or gestures. So, before deciding if someone is a spammer it's a good idea to get a feel for other posts that person has made.
Just a friendly bit of info to use - or not.
Look foreward to your contributions to the group.
charlie b aka charlieb

misleading subject header. I may be off base but I don't consider countertop installation techniques as being related to woodworking.

U.S. and disguised by a holiday greeting subject header http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/383809acb6ee9f69/287a012a992f9b99?lnk=st&q=robatoy+holiday&rnum=1#287a012a992f9b99

is not your style.

ROY! aka fuckbreath (to some)

Yes indeed, your positive contributions are legendary.

Try reading my entire posts instead of getting your panties all in a knot:

How IS that 'Land Of The Free' thing working out for you?
Robatoy wrote: ...

Pretty well, and thanks for asking... :)

If that was the case, that would make Robatoy's post off-topic, not spam. But by all means, keep digging. Oh, and find an online dictionary.
todd
Robatoy wrote:

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Stop it!!!!! Don't let him know about that stuff! I just got my latest Seal Coat check!
I had a great time on your private island last weekend. Eva Longoria left a message on my cell that said if you didn't have her back soon, she's calling the tabloids.
How DO you get all those hot chicks out there for the volcanic spa?

That Eva. I told her that I was busy for a few weeks, supervising the dredging of the harbour (That spoiled brat Paul Allen wants to show off his new yacht). I'm also having runway 270 extended to 10,000 feet so you can bring in that jet Seal Coat bought you. (BTW, Scarlett Johansson want to know if she can hitch a ride when you come over.

It isn't the spa, silly, the hot chicks heard I hang out in rec.woodworking.
Robatoy wrote:

Not supposed to talk about the sub...

Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with the definition of the word "spam". As Inigo Montoya said, "I do not think it means what you think it means".
todd

You mean it is not processed meat ???????
Oh lord the world will end tomorrow for sure bend over all and kiss your ass goodbye.
Mark (sixoneeight) = 618

Let's see...
On topic for the group.
A recommendation by a long term group member.
Offered in a friendly, unassuming manner.
Not cross-posted. Not multi-posted.
One post on one day.
According to the Breidbart Index calculation <http://catb.org/jargon//html/B/Breidbart-Index.html and <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breidbart_Index>, then, it has an BIof...
One.
As a BI of 20 is generally considered to be the threshold for cancellation due to being spam, I would say your assertion fails in the face of the facts.
"Robatoy" wrote in message

Shame on you, you old spammin' Canuck a$$hole! <g>
Thanks for the link ... many of these fasteners spell "jig", the easy way. ;)
Appreciate the headsup.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07
"Swingman" wrote in message

I second that thought.
As someone who has built a lot of unusual projects, I need those assorted, special purpose fasteners. And I appreciate other folks passing on new sources of fasteners, unusual services, special machinery and jigs. All these things help me.
Another thing that I admire is the ability for mere mortals like myself who actually SOLVE PROBLEMS. Many times production problems can be solved by going to another industry or at least some one who works in a related (or non related) field.
Because Mr Robatoy spend time in the real world, doing real work and solving real problems, I want to hear what he has to say. I am willing to overlook his considerable character flaws for these contributions ;-).
"Lee Michaels" wrote:

SFWIW, I hate carriage bolts also known as coach bolts.
They will turn in the hole at exactly the wrong time, especially if they have been installed for a while.
My solution:
A S/S, hex head bolt, complete with a flat washer, some thickened epoxy, and a counterbored hole.
This works especially well when you want to install a 1/4 bolt in say a 1" thick piece of plywood.
Very useful for building jigs and fixtures.
Counterbore the hole to depth either as a blind hole or as a counterbore for the thru hole.
Install bolt, then fill counterbore with thickened epoxy, then wait 24 hours.
Also, sure beats the hell out of hangerbolts.
YMMV
Lew