Differences Canada and USA

Well found this elsewhere brought a smile to my face

Mark

Reply to
Markem

Never knew Canadian football uses larger footballs. Do they use different size basketballs? I think I had heard of the 110 yard field. Think its 110 yards. Or do they use meters up there?

Reply to
russellseaton1

No. They use metres, like the rest of the world.

Reply to
m II

Liberia and Burma use something besides the metric system. And most of Great Britain uses its system instead of the metric.

russellseaton1

No we use meters as well. Mostly for electrical and nat gas consumption and billing.

Reply to
Dave Balderstone

Was up in Canada a couple years back and bought a 12 oz latte. At least some things are still sacred!

...Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Miller

On Mon, 14 Apr 2014 08:58:00 -0800, Kevin Miller

I don't drink coffee or any variations of it, but alcohol which I'd consider much more sacred than coffee has all been converted to metric amounts. ~ at least the wine, beer and hard spirits that I buy has been converted.

Reply to
none

Pretty much the same here in the states. Wine 7 liquor typically comes in 750 ml bottles. I guess a "fifth" of Scotch is a thing of the past. So now we have booze and car engines measured in metric. The invasion has begun...

Reply to
Kevin Miller