Difference bewteen a Random Orbit Sander and a palm Sander?

So what's the main difference between the two? Do they each have their own uses?
Round verses square ? Sorry, could not resist, I have a bad head cold and needed to LOL
Larry Bud wrote:

--

Bob Kuphal -- Wisconsin

Remove DONT- -SPAM- to email the real server is dotnet.com
I'm sure there's more, but a ROS cuts more aggressively than a palm sander.
On 5 Jan 2004 06:54:45 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Larry Bud) wrote:

I can't claim to be an expert on this but a palm sander is usually smaller and the sanding material moves in only one direction. Random orbital, as the name implies, moves the sanding material in a random fashion and helps to prevent sanding marks. I personally find that the random orbital removes materials faster and is good for sanding of larger flat areas and my palm sander does well in small areas and light final sanding.