Difference between Delt 34-*** and 36-*** TS?

I am looking at an auction item that is listed as a Delta "CS" Table Saw. It lists the actual model # as 34-444. Supposedly bought in 1997. I am not very familiar with Delta TS's and all the descriptions listed in the catalogs I have are 36-***. Is it some kind of saw used for production shops? Its a beefy saw. thats for sure. 220, 5/8 arbor and cast iron. Ideas?? Thanks.
Originally all Delta tablesaws were 34-xxx numbers. I think Delta started numbering lower end saws (more home hobbyist saws) as 36-xxx numbers a couple of years ago. But, I have a Delta 34-670 that is about 10 years old and was bottom of the line...still a rather good saw for me.

It
very
have
beefy
Anyone know if the 36-XXX move went along with Taiwan manufacture?
As to the 34-444, good iron, reliable for the long haul with only normal maintenance.

Saw.
not
Delta can tell you when any of those saws were made, from the serial number.
I have a 1972 Delta/Rockwell "Contractor's Special" 34-338. Nice heavy saw.
GTO(John)

I have the 34-445 which is a package deal with the 34-444, 30" unifence, stamped left extension, and wheels. 8 yrs ago I think. The TS is US made and has been bulletproof for me (hobbyist). I later upgraded the left side to cast iron, but this is a very nice contractor's saw. Like any piece of cast iron, the top could have dips and such. Take along your long, trusted straight edge when you go look at it. ron
I have a 34-444. It's the classic Delta contractor's saw, American made, solid and reliable. It comes from the factory with the motor set for 110v, but can be switched to 220 by opening a cover and moving a couple of wires. Assuming it's in good condition, you won't go wrong with it.