Did I sell my Jet for too cheap?

I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30" rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have asked for more.

Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50" biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait. Mark

Reply to
Mark

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

No. IIRC those were a about $8-900. I think that's a very fair price for a lightly used tool. Too close to retail and prople will just pay a few $ more for support and warantees that come with a new machine.

Reply to
Stephen M

hi edwin. if you are near raleigh N.C. there is a unisaw listed on triangle4sale dot com for 1000. just showed up today so it may still be available.

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

This weekend I picked up a Jet Hybrid TS for $650. Excellent condition. Only used occasionally for cross-cutting some balsa wood. It appeared that the owner didn't really know what he had. But oh well, gloats are made of this stuff.

-j

;-]>

. what a guy!!!! lol...

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

Unless of course you post it on eBay where people will bid twice the retail price.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

That's nothing. I'd have paid $1,500 and thrown in a case of canned tuna.

Reply to
mp

That should read - fair price to me -

Reply to
Tom O'Connor

I don't know what you paid but that sounds like a fair price or me.

Reply to
Tom O'Connor

Just to clarify its not a unisaw - its a cabinet saw/contractor saw hybrid.

Same saw I have actually - good saw for what I use it for - never had any problems w/ it.

Reply to
Rob V

mp did say:

I'd pay $1700 and give you my wife's cats. No return of the saw or the cats.

Reply to
WoodMangler

this wasnt your add rob. but you may be correct as im not sure of the model number. here is a copy of the add. it looks like a uni. right tilting arbor saw. but ya never can tell. lol... it dont give hp rateing so ..........

10" Tilting arbor, Model 36-750, 230v, right tilt, mobile base, side extension, unisaw fence. Excellent condition. $1000 obo. Jim 363-3922

skeez

Reply to
skeezics

I bought the new Jet hybrid saw for $850. Used it very lightly for a year and put an ad out for $800. I had someone give me a deposit within 2 days and he picked it up a few weeks later. Not sure what he was thinking but hey, it helped pay for the new unisaw.

Reply to
Ron Short

Depends on how much you figure your time, dealing with 'tire kickers', is worth.

$650 is not a 'give away' price, although it is an 'attractive to the buyer' level (as you found out :).

Guessing you probably could have gotten $100 more, but it would have taken time, effort, and aggravation. "Peace of mind" _does_ have value. :)

Reply to
Robert Bonomi

That's always nice. I had a camper a few years back that I paid $500 for. I used it for a season and sold it in a day and a half to a lady for $3500 after telling her exactly what was wrong with it (broken heater, leaky roof). Some people are just foolish, I guess.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus