Did I sell my Jet for too cheap?

I put my Jet Hybrid TS in the paper this last week and the phone rang off the hook. Remember the saw that came before the supersaw...it has a cabinet base, with a 2hp motor and twin belts. Xacta fence, 30" rail. Went for $650 which was full asking price. Maybe I should have asked for more.
Well the Unisaw should be here tomorrow, the Jet's replacement. 50" biesmeyer (sp?) fence, 3hp, 2 cast wings and mobile base. Can't wait. Mark

Wow, I'd have paid $1000 easily. More if you had a blade with it.

hi edwin. if you are near raleigh N.C. there is a unisaw listed on triangle4sale dot com for 1000. just showed up today so it may still be available.
skeez
Just to clarify its not a unisaw - its a cabinet saw/contractor saw hybrid.
Same saw I have actually - good saw for what I use it for - never had any problems w/ it.

this wasnt your add rob. but you may be correct as im not sure of the model number. here is a copy of the add. it looks like a uni. right tilting arbor saw. but ya never can tell. lol... it dont give hp rateing so ..........
10" Tilting arbor, Model 36-750, 230v, right tilt, mobile base, side extension, unisaw fence. Excellent condition. $1000 obo. Jim 363-3922
skeez

That's nothing. I'd have paid $1,500 and thrown in a case of canned tuna.
mp did say:

I'd pay $1700 and give you my wife's cats. No return of the saw or the cats.
--
New project = new tool. Hard and fast rule.

No. IIRC those were a about $8-900. I think that's a very fair price for a lightly used tool. Too close to retail and prople will just pay a few $ more for support and warantees that come with a new machine.

Enjoy it.

more
Unless of course you post it on eBay where people will bid twice the retail price.
--

-Mike-
snipped-for-privacy@sprintmail.com

;-]>
. what a guy!!!! lol...
skeez
I don't know what you paid but that sounds like a fair price or me.
I bought the new Jet hybrid saw for $850. Used it very lightly for a year and put an ad out for $800. I had someone give me a deposit within 2 days and he picked it up a few weeks later. Not sure what he was thinking but hey, it helped pay for the new unisaw.

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 02:32:25 GMT, "Ron Short"

That's always nice. I had a camper a few years back that I paid $500 for. I used it for a season and sold it in a day and a half to a lady for $3500 after telling her exactly what was wrong with it (broken heater, leaky roof). Some people are just foolish, I guess.

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Depends on how much you figure your time, dealing with 'tire kickers', is worth. <grin>
$650 is not a 'give away' price, although it is an 'attractive to the buyer' level (as you found out :).
Guessing you probably could have gotten $100 more, but it would have taken time, effort, and aggravation. "Peace of mind" _does_ have value. :)