did I destroy my impact driver?

I made the mistake of using my Makita 18-volt impact driver as and impact wrench, trying to loosen a frozen nut, and I'm pretty sure I damaged the it (the driver, not the nut, which I eventually removed with a ratchet wrench, which is what i should have used in the first place). Anyway, now the impact driver works, but there's some play in the chuck where there wasn't any before. Have I destroyed it? Is it repairable? Or is the repair likely to cost more than a new driver Thanks....

It should have not have broken, unless you just stood there watching it hammer away until the batter ran down. Whether it spins or not does not matter.
My Makita has play in the chuck, you can turn it a bit either way until you feel more resistance in both directions. This is normal, what allows an impact driver to work the way it does.
Have you tried using it? That would be the first test to see if you destroyed it or not.
Thanks--I checked it again, and think it's ok.