Diameter of air lines

Page 3 of 3
BULLCRAP! soldered copper fittings in an air system would only fail if you are LESS than a MORON! Where do you come up with this alarmist BS, anyway? If there was a leak at a fitting, you'd probably hear it anyway. I'm no PRO at sweating fittings, but I did an entire shop with copper that lasted 8 years and all my friends in the business used the same methods to build their air systems. Don't pass Go, go directly to Jail.
dave
Sir Edgar wrote:

On 22 Dec 2003, Bay Area Dave spake unto rec.woodworking:

Chew the peanuts a little finer, and they won't scratch as badly.
Scott, you need to change your one-note rejoinder.
dave
Scott Cramer wrote:

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 20:00:00 +0000, Brian Elfert wrote:

Ok, I will throw my 2 cents worth in on what may be a bit off topic to you. I would not use copper. If you use a length of common high pressure air hose to connect your current tank to the air line it should dampen any air pressure surges and pump vibration besides eliminating the problems of hooking a solid line to a solid tank. But if you spray contact cement or some finishes the moisture in the air will react with the copper in the lines and cause contact cement in particular to chrystalize and fail. This is not an old wives tale and is a known issue for shops that do upholstery and plastic laminate work. However, if the air line is just used to service common air tools for machine work or automotive work it will work fine, though the thicker wall copper is recommended, along with drops and drains at low points in the line.
which is why I already recommended Type L...