Dial Indicator

Hi all, Just purchased a dial indicator to help align my cutlery. Doing a quick google I really could not find what I am looking for. Does anyone know where I can pick up some techniques to align shop tools. Most importantly the Radial arm. The table saw is still new and the miterbox is still pretty good but the Radial arm is off (craftsman, need I say more?) and a way to align it would be helpful. Thanks HM
Hi all, Just purchased a dial indicator to help align my cutlery. Doing a quick google I really could not find what I am looking for. Does anyone know where I can pick up some techniques to align shop tools. Most importantly the Radial arm. The table saw is still new and the miterbox is still pretty good but the Radial arm is off (craftsman, need I say more?) and a way to align it would be helpful. Thanks HM
Herman Munster wrote:

Has nothing to do with being Craftsman--all radial arm saws need to be aligned periodically and checked regularly.
There's a good book on adjusting radial arm saws, however it's out of print and only available as a for-pay ebook, <http://www.wired-2-shop.com/joneakes/ProductDetail.asp?ProdID=3&nPrdImageID=&CatID=3
Well worth the fifteen bucks.

--
--John