Dewalt735 at Lowes

Page 1 of 2
Well I guess Sunday I'll go raise hell at Lowes Finally a sale worth going to, 20% off al tools, The web site list the Dewalt planer @ 383.20 Okay its time to buy it, Web site says Temp Unavailable, Hope they have a Raincheck policy Or a false Adv. Legal Clause We shall see Sunday Morn,
George
Got mine at Lowes last night. They honored theHome Depot discount. Last one on the shelf. At $383.20, it's a very sweet deal.
Anyone want to buy my Makita 2012?
Lin take the spam out to reply
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 07:41:13 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

I just bought the DW735 at Lowe's for $383.20 as well this morning. However they were out of stock in the store. I just paid for it anyway at the sale price and will pick it up when it comes in next week.
Well thats good to here I don't mind paying I think I'm going there this evening Instead of tommorrow

Just bought mine from Tool Crib. Online price 479.99 and they beat the Lowes 382.20+tax by 10% of the difference. Total price: $403 to my door. Would have been $410 at Lowes after tax. Hey, why not? ;-)
They're backed up. So I have to wait 10 days. But I can wait.
Brian.

Hi George, Do you have the link? Thanks, David

Link To what??? Getting it from Tool Crib??? Go to Amazon and whereevr you find there price Gaurentee hit the link and it will explain how and give an 800 Number they answerd the phone phone Tool Crib, I told her i went online tobut the planer and said Lowes has a lower price, she said yes they have a 20% off sale and explained how it worked and how they did there caculating, They are smart they work with the out of store price. In Other words I would pay Lowes 383.20 plus my applicable sales tax so the deduct that off the 479 price take another 10% of that differance off the 479 and that is how they get the price, I opted for the free shipping I probably won't get it until Jan 4th but I Don't mind. George

Thanks for the info. I read another post about prepaying at Lowe's and then picking the planer up when it arrived at their store, so I prepaid. It may have been a little higher, but I'm glad I got it. I did a search on Amazon, but did not find the 800 number. I guess you have to join the Tool Crib club? Don't know. I like it to straight forward, but sometimes it is worth it to go the extra mile.
Merry Christmas, David
On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 18:45:02 -0700, "George M. Kazaka"

Dave, At one time it was spattered on almost every page, I had trouble finding it also I never have had an oportunity to use it and really felt that it would be a hassle. Once i found it and it said to call, I felt oh well but they made it easy as hell I have now bought several tools from Amazon, I got the Delta, Oscilatting samder and about 100 bucks in sanding sleeves I just ordered the PC 361 Belt sander should be here Monday or tuesday and now the dewalt planer, saves me time going somewhere when i do not have the time. I like shopping online at 3 am sometimes. I generally have a pretty full day and these mediocre errand can take a big bite of my time. I was going to go to Lowes and pay for and get it when it came it but that would have taken about 45 minute to an hour out of the 24 we get and I already had a 28 hor day So a few minutes on the phone and they can drop it on my doorstep for me. George

Thats a thought think I'll Hit Amazon and see what happens

Well Thanks for making me think Brian, Just nailed that little puppy for 405.00 with the price gaurantee. My out the door price at lowes was 412.00
Amazon is well aware of Lowes 20% off sale so their phone lines at Tool Crib is Busy but I got thru right away. By the way the young lady told me that Amazon OWNS Tool Crib now.
George

On 12/20/03 5:19 PM, in article 2W3Fb.1054$ snipped-for-privacy@news.uswest.net,

Thanks for the idea. Just got mine for 394.60 to be delivered to MD!!! Bogdan
The Differance is the sales Tax, We have about 8% here in AZ you have 5% in MD I lived there for 28 years

Which Tool Crib? I buy my tools at Acme Electric Tool Crib of the North. No affiliation with Amazon. Amazon bought their mail order business from Acme Electric few years back. The funny part is you can still can Acme Electric and order tools from their catalog! Greg
Don'T Know I would have to look at one of their catalogues To the best of My Knowledge it is just Tool Crib Which has a definate affiliation with Amazon

Hi All
I just got my DW735 this morning. I let the Borgs Beat each other up and endangered the bladder and kidneys of a Lowes Manager. I got a quote of $383.20 from HD and drove over to Lowes. They only had the display left. Dept Manager said I was SOL. I ran into the Store Manager going into the Mens' Room as I was coming out. I started questioning him about the store and corp policies as he did a "gotta go" dance. He called the Dept Manager and told her to beat HD price by 10% and give another 10% for the open box.
<Drum Roll Please> In Master Card Fashion
Dewalt 13" Portable Planer Model DW735 Original Price $479.00 Home Depot less 20% $383.20 Lowes less 10% $344.88 Lowes open box 10% $306.56 Pack of Knives FREE <Removed for Legal Reasons> Out the Door $330.32 Getting Home and Finding knives still in DW735. Priceless
SWMBO got the first "You Suck!!!" and said she was flowers with the money I saved.
Chef
You do SUCK! Way to go! Can I take you with me if my Toyota ever needs replacing? :)
dave
Master Chef Richard Campbell wrote:

What HD do you shop at , Around here in AZ they do not carry the Dewalt planers
Nice deal though Good Luck, George

Got lucky today. I bought a DW 735 last month at Lowes and it sat in the garage for the last month. Took it out of the box today and used it for 30 min. Then the belt for the rollers broke! SO I took it back to Lowe's. I did not know about the 20% off sale so I got money back from my original purchase and a new 735 in the process.
Planed about 30 bd ft of 4/4 soft maple and another 15 bd ft of walnut tonight as a test. On finish speed the smoothness is amazing.....I have a Performax drum sander and I won't have to use it.....

I know I'm late to the party, but I wonder if their policy changed because of me. Two or three years ago, while shopping for my new Ridgid planer, my hand slid under the table and caught the blades on the end of my fingertips. Managed to avoid stitches, but left a pretty cool trail of blood from the tool aisles to the managers desk. They seemed a little concerned about my medical bills (I let it heal on its own), but I assured them I was not going to sue them when I was the idiot.
Joe