Dewalt Model 700 RAS- Dados?

Hello All-

I have an opportunity to buy an old Dewalt model 700 RAS. I do not know the vintage but I suspect 70's. This has a 10 amp motor, 8 1/2 inch blade.

I know this is not like one of their older, massive cast iron beasts which are highly valued and often restored. This is a saw which has what looks like a steel tube, which ascends from the rear of the table, and then curves forward, to form the rail on which the carriage tracks.

It is light duty, but that's all I need, IF, and ONLY IF, this saw can accept a dado set (I already have a good SCMS but this would be a nice convenience if I could leave it set up for dados). I am having trouble determining this, googling yielded no info.

I know it probably depends on the length of the arbor shaft and perhaps the power. But while I'm waiting to learn about the arbor shaft, does anyone know whether this particular model could accept a stacked dado set?

Any info greatly appreciated-

thanks-

Reply to
brad

Anybody, anybody? If someone knows even where I might find a manual, that would surely have this basic info.

I already searched both Wolfe Machinery site and Oldsaw company site. Nothing on this model. ANY info appreciated; thanks again...

Reply to
brad

Maybe you can get more info from the DeWalt forum on Delphi:

have no personal experience with this saw, but some feel this saw is a good saw to stay away from - too much flex in the arm to be safe or accurate.

snipped-for-privacy@volcanomail.com (brad) wrote:

Reply to
Larry Kraus