Dewalt Miter clamps?

I have a dewalt Miter saw. Its sitting on top of my tablesaw ATM. Now sure what Im supposed to sit it on. I guess I need to build a table for it and a router table. Ill be doign that when the weather breaks.
Anyway, there are holes for clamps and I have some small wood that Im supposed to clamp down when I cut. What type of clamps does everyone use? Do I need to buy dewalt's expensive clamps, or can I make some with a few parts from the store?
--
Thank you,

Typically the clamp that works the best in these miter saws is the one made and marketed by the same company.
Leon wrote:

Figured as much. Just hate it because the saw seems a respectable price but the clamps seem damn expensive for some clamps...
--
Thank you,

Probably the same marketing concept as printers. Printers are cheap, toner or cartridges cost almost as much as the printer. Who ever developed that marketing plan is a genius and someone I'd like to hurt.
"Upscale" wrote in message

Gillette?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/13/05

They actually MAIL you the tool hoping you'll buy consumables. <G>

After a tour of the Winchester mansion in San Jose I'd suggest Winchester might have beat Gillette to the consumables market...the money was in the bullets<G>....Rod
dnoyeB wrote:

You think those prices are bad, price the Makita clamps. I was lucky to find them (actually someone here found me the good price) for about $55.
Dave

I think the most ridiculous price for an ad on would be the Beismeyer splitter.

The holes hold clamps and crown stops. I too noticed that these parts are way overpriced. I rarely use clamps on my miter saw, I just hold the piece firmly against the fence with one hand. For crown stops I use scrap wooden blocks secured with carpet tape (why pay $40?).
Phisherman wrote:

I agree totally. I want the clamps but I'm having a hard time buying them. The crown clamps is just insulting. A few strips of metal for that much is sad. it brings down the respectability of the company.
I think they have their price point wrong. They could probably sell a lot more for ~$15 and im sure they only cost ~$2 to make if that.
--
Thank you,

Overpriced... yes. But they're very nice clamps if you need 'em. Convenient and easy to move out of the way or remove. Chances are good that you'll only need one of the two available clamps. It's part of the total cost of the equipment.