Dewalt DW928K-2 14.4 Drill/Driver - Opinions?

I have a B&D 12V that I'm ready to recycle in the garage sale, noticed my local Lowe's has the model shown above on clearance for $95. How's the battery life - Consumer Reports gave it poor marks for battery, good for everything else.
I really like the Panasonic 15.6V - better to hold out for that one?
If you are considering a Panasonic, get the Panasonic. Superior drill , Superior battery technology.

The February/March edition of Wood magazine has a good article on 14.4 volt drills (including the Panasonic 15.6v). The DeWalt DC983KA, Festool TDK 15.6, and Panasonic all got "Top Tool" marks. I own two of the DeWalts and couldn't say enough good things about that drill.

By the way Dave, the drill you mention and the one I mention are two different drills. The 983 is a heavier-duty model and got good marks in the Wood article all the way around. Same price as the Panasonic (about double the other DeWalt). My first one is about 5 years old - I bought a second as a backup at a recent Lowe's 20% of all power tools sale, so I couldn't resist. (It was either that or another router to add to the collection!) ;-}

Yep, I just read that review. Noticed the Dewalt at Lowe's is a different model. Also noticed that the clearance model is 3/8 chuck; if I'm upgrading I'd rather have the 1/2 chuck. That kinda made my mind up, but hey, it's still a pretty good deal. Think I paid that much for the Firestorm I'm using now.
Jeff wrote:

I have been using the 12v Dewalt for over 10 years and I love it. I have been using 5 of them in a cabinet shop as well as home and had zero problems with it. max