Dewalt DW9071 vs DW9072 battery

Hello, the battery on my trusty Dewalt drill gave up the ghost. I started looking online for a replacement for the DW9071 and found the DW9072 which claims to be lighter and smaller. However, the 9071 is the XR (extended run) model. I am confused as which to get as a replacement.
Anyone have any experience with this? Does the 9072 really run as long as the XR 9072? Does the lighter weight affect the balance?
Thanks,
Gary
Here is a heads up on DW batteries. A local Lowes is advertising a 2 for 1 sale on DW batteries on Sept. 30.

says...

Well, going by the manufacturer's information I pulled from Amazon:
9071 25% longer run
9072 20% smaller 15% lighter
They are not equals. I'd go for the higher capacity.