Dewalt DW735. . .

Page 2 of 2
I haven't noticed that yet, it seems pretty solid. The wheel is pretty light weight and the handle that sticks out to crank it spins on it's own axle. The wheel attaches very tightly to the post, which has a flat side, and then a hex night screws into the post through a hole in the wheel holding it on. I was putting one board through at a time so I was pushing one through, lowering the blade, pushing the same one through, etc etc. I don't know if I ran it without touching the wheel enough for it to do that. Sometime in the next week or so I will be running a bunch of 1" boards through taking them down to 3/4". I'll run them all through at the same height, make the adjustment, and run then them all through again while checking it after multiple boards. I never even thought to check for that or ask about it when I was shopping for planers, does that happen a lot? I'll be keeping an eye on it and report back if it does. The four upright posts the carriage moves on are all really thick and threaded so I hope it doesn't. It is supposed to have automatic carriage lock, but I don't know how it works. I've never engaged a non-auto lock either so I don't have a comparison base. None of the sales people would let me actually run wood through one when I was shopping around.
MT

It was prolly a question borne out of ignorance of what is normal but the possibility occurred to me. I played with the one at Lowe's and have to agree the wheel isn't sloppy loose by any means so it will prolly not happen. But I am a chronic worrier so, , ,<s> Thanks for the reply. I am waiting for a place I shop at around here www.woodworkersparadise.com to let me know something on it but I may get impatient and just trot on over to Lowe's and plop down the bucks.
--
SwampBug