Dewalt DW735. . .

Page 1 of 2
Thickness planer appears to not be on the Dewalt web site, anyone have a link to where it can be seen or read about?
--
SwampBug
---------------------

'doityourself.com' has it listed forsale. at a 'discounted' price that is 25% *above* what the Wood Mag write-up says is 'list' price.
and doityourself has 'pop-up'/pop-under ads on their web-site.
They're *not* getting my business, for anything, ever.

Short write-up in the Oct. issue of Wood magazine.
I have the Oct. Wood mag and read the write-up. Impressive booger! I understand it has 'disposable blades' and the article said something about 'self-indexing blade system' and needs no alignment tool. But I need more input for that much cash. seems I'll just have to wait!
--
SwampBug
---------------------

If you really want to post pictures, I believe thats what alt.binaries.pic.woodworking (I think thats the right group) is for. Just post back here w/ the title/subject the pictures are under, and (most) everybody is happy ;)
nuk
--
I know more than enough *nix to do some very destructive things,
and not nearly enough to do very many useful things.
On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:05:14 +0000, nuk wrote:

FYI, it's alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Sadly, not all news servers carry binaries groups. As they say, check your local listings.
--
Joe Wells

Looks like it's in the Amazon catalog now, no pictures yet though. I was at the local Lowes last night and they are closing out the DW733 getting ready for the DW734 and DW735.
(Amazon.com product link shortened)63204734/sr=8-4/ref=sr_8_4/104-1066420-4867125?v=glance&s=hi&nP7846
MT

Hi Tripper, thanks for the info, I will be watching Lowe's!
--
SwampBug
---------------------

:-)
which
tool
what
(high-speed
So Rick, where did you get the literature. . .if I may ask?
--
SwampBug
---------------------

can
before
Here
Roger Wilco. . . tanx! I see it offered on Amazon.com and Tylertools for $470. . .
--
SwampBug
---------------------

new
Amazon will have both the 735 and 734 available on the 15th. Someone asked about photos. Amazon has them online now. The large ones show quite a bit of detail.
The DW735 is $479.99 - $25 promotion code (through October 31) = $454.99 The DW734 is $379.99 - $25 promotion code (through October 31) = $354.99
Both offer free shipping.
BTW, the DW733 is Friday Sale priced @ $284.99 through midnight. Minus $25 = $259.99. Again with free shipping.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Amazon Coupons, Sweepstakes and Bargains http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com Over 1200 Amazon Coupon Codes, Rebates and Special Offers $20 Promotional Certificate with Amazon.com Platinum Visa Card http://www.coupon-codes.neonmovie.com/amazon-coupon-1199 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
<< I only ran it with my dust collector hooked up to the 4" port, but it grabbed everything. After running all the wood through, probably about 4 hours total use, there where 3 little wood chips beside the bed and that's all - the dust collector had the rest.>
When my friend showed me his machine he pointed to a dust collection bag full of chips. He didn't even have to use his dust collection system. He just attached the bag directly to the planer's dust collection port and said it propelled the chips with enough force to fill the bag on its own.
Lee

Hold some upward pressure on the end of the wood as it enters, and leaves the planer. -- Jim in NC