Dewalt DW733 Dust Collector Attachment

I built this dust collection attachment for that Dewalt DW733 planer I mentioned here on rec.woodworking yesterday that I got at a local pawn shop. Could have spent $35 on a plastic one from Dewalt but it doesn't have a 4" outlet.

Lawrence L'Hote

The plastic one from Dewalt that came with my 733 broke and dewalt sent me a sheet metal one free just for asking.

I suspect that the plastic model has been discontinued.

Both has a 4" port.

-Steve

Reply to
Stephen M

I suppose I made some assumptions from the brief product description. I ordered one the day I picked up the planer and should be here this week. Probably, I'll send it on back. Thanks for the info.. Larry

Reply to
Lawrence L'Hote

Mine came with the sheetmetal one but the 4" port isn't tapered. As a result it is next to impossible to use a quick connect. I attached an extra gate with a piece of hose and the quick connect fits okay now.

Stuart Johnson Red Oak, Texas

Reply to
Stuart Johnson

Let me clarify that a tad.

The plastic one has a 4" port, but also came with an adapter to reduce that to 2.5 (or whatetever shopvac size is)

If the product description said 2.5... well then you probably read that correctly. :-)

Reply to
Stephen M

I bought a metal one, with a 4" outlet and a 4"-->2" adaptor, last Friday at a local tool store for $8.99.

The metal version has a more centered outlet and picks up chips better than the plastic version.

Barry

Reply to
Bonehenge

replying to Bonehenge, Grace wrote: What kind of store did you get that at? Was it a specialized part or something for general ventilation and can be found anywhere?

Reply to
Grace

Grace wrote in news:C42hC.10261$ snipped-for-privacy@fx06.am:

231121-.htm

Grace, dear, you're replying to a post from fourteen years ago...

Reply to
Doug Miller

Some how I got 18 years. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

Leon wrote in news:p-WdndllA98vQxnHnZ2dnUU7- snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Maybe I had a brain fart -- wouldn't be the first time. I thought I saw "2004" as the date of the original post. Either way, though, I'd be surprised if the person she's responding to ever sees her post.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Nah, you had it right. It's excusable since the post was so old they used to carve the numbers in wood blocks back then before they converted the text to electrons ;)

Even if he was alive and saw her inquiry, he has probably forgotten where he bought it or the place closed down 8 years or more ago due to being unable to keep up with online sales.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Your are correct! I thought you replied to another post that was a response to a 2000 post. I farted out my brain. ;~)

Reply to
Leon