Dewalt DW733 Dust Collector Attachment

I built this dust collection attachment for that Dewalt DW733 planer I mentioned here on rec.woodworking yesterday that I got at a local pawn shop. Could have spent $35 on a plastic one from Dewalt but it doesn't have a 4" outlet. http://home.mchsi.com/~lawlhote/dustcollector/dustcollector.htm
Larry
The plastic one from Dewalt that came with my 733 broke and dewalt sent me a sheet metal one free just for asking.
I suspect that the plastic model has been discontinued.
Both has a 4" port.
-Steve

shop.

I suppose I made some assumptions from the brief product description. I ordered one the day I picked up the planer and should be here this week. Probably, I'll send it on back. Thanks for the info.. Larry

Mine came with the sheetmetal one but the 4" port isn't tapered. As a result it is next to impossible to use a quick connect. I attached an extra gate with a piece of hose and the quick connect fits okay now.
Stuart Johnson Red Oak, Texas
Let me clarify that a tad.
The plastic one has a 4" port, but also came with an adapter to reduce that to 2.5 (or whatetever shopvac size is)
If the product description said 2.5... well then you probably read that correctly. :-)

me

I bought a metal one, with a 4" outlet and a 4"-->2" adaptor, last Friday at a local tool store for $8.99.
The metal version has a more centered outlet and picks up chips better than the plastic version.
Barry