DEWALT DW625 in a table?

Although I have read that plunge routers are inappropriate in tables, I know that people swear by the Hitachi.
How about a Dewalt DW625? Anyone have success with that?
Toller wrote:

Authored by the unenlightened... <g>

Love my DW 621 in the table.
-- Mark
I put my DW625 into a Rousseau plate (http://www.rousseauco.com/model3509.htm ) on the side table of my Delta contractors saw and made a sweet router table in about 20 minutes!
2 years later...no problems found!
The only thing I've been thinking of adding is a power switch with a crash bar by the table edge. This will make it easier to power on/off instead of trying to find the switch under the table.
The plate I used says that there is zero deflection, but I make it a point to lift the router and plate out of the table when I'm not going to be using it for prolonged periods. That may not be necessary, but I do.

know
Toller wrote:> How about a Dewalt DW625? Anyone have success with that?
Yes. Used the "Master Plate", I think it's called, from Jessem. Haven't removed it in about 1.5 years, and it has not sagged. Tom Someday, it'll all be over....
I have a 625 in a table,with the Rousseau plate, works well. What I did was to make a adjuster from a legenth of 1-1 1/4" dowel, and J-B welded a nut of the proper size into the dowel, and attached a window crank type of deal to the end of it. Makes for nice fine adjustment. Tony D.

I have a DW625 and love it... I used it under table and it worked very nice with the optional dept riser..... I've replaced it with a fixed uner table PC7518 (Jessem Mast-R-Lift) but I use my DW625 free hand and for real plunge job...
I think the Hitachi got praise because of its price more than any other reason BTW.. :-) Nothing wrong with that either..
Good luck
--
Mike

Toller wrote:

Absolutely! I've had mine for about 5 years (maybe 6) and it is a real winner in my table. If you get one and want the mounting dimensions for the holes in a plate I have them in rectangular coordinates. ...lew...