Dewalt DW616PK Router?

Does anyone have any experience the Dewalt DW616PK router? I can get one for 125.00 (barely used). It seems like a good price, unless there's some known problem with this model.
Thanks,
samson wrote:

A quick Google search shows a new unit with both fixed and plunge bases selling for $190 with a three year warranty.
http://www.toolking.com/products/2208392.aspx?googlebase=DW616PK
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 16:36:38 +0000, Nova wrote:

And Lowes has the DW618PK (a newer model) for $199.

I bought one for around 200.00 and I'm very pleased with it. It sounds like a steal at a buck-twenty-five.
Jeff
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 09:04:53 -0800 (PST), Jeff wrote:

I went ahead and bought it. He threw in a five router bit set in a little Dewalt box and there was a 1/4 rabbeting bit in the machine. He said he only used it once. It really is brand new. A warranty would be nice, but this router should do some work for a while. It really is a snap moving the motor unit from fixed base to plunge base, but the plunger itself could be a little smoother. I think it's lack of use. The manual says not to use lubricants because that will attract dust, but I might wipe just a molecule of grease on it with rag.
FYI, I need a new one because my 7 year old 2 hp Craftsman is not keeping its exact depth on a fixed base when I use it. This is very frustrating, so I'm going to sell it for whatever I can get.
Thanks,
S.
samson wrote:

Sounds like a gloat! You suck! <G>

A well-known Craftsman router feature, the self adjusting collet!

Ah yes, the ARHA feature.... Mine has that as well.
There is one way to fix that, and the nice thing is, when you're done, you also have a boat anchor.
jc
for more info, see:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.woodworking/browse_thread/thread/c7d40a0e2ad17ac7/c4a4219ad5d78513?lnk=gst&q=arha+feature#c4a4219ad5d78513
Equivalent to ~ 3 router bits in value (@$125); value that can't be beat. More on that tool: http://patwarner.com/dw618pk.html ***********************