Dewalt DW616PK Router?

Does anyone have any experience the Dewalt DW616PK router? I can get one for 125.00 (barely used). It seems like a good price, unless there's some known problem with this model.

Thanks,

samson

A quick Google search shows a new unit with both fixed and plunge bases selling for $190 with a three year warranty.

Nova

I bought one for around 200.00 and I'm very pleased with it. It sounds like a steal at a buck-twenty-five.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

I went ahead and bought it. He threw in a five router bit set in a little Dewalt box and there was a 1/4 rabbeting bit in the machine. He said he only used it once. It really is brand new. A warranty would be nice, but this router should do some work for a while. It really is a snap moving the motor unit from fixed base to plunge base, but the plunger itself could be a little smoother. I think it's lack of use. The manual says not to use lubricants because that will attract dust, but I might wipe just a molecule of grease on it with rag.

FYI, I need a new one because my 7 year old 2 hp Craftsman is not keeping its exact depth on a fixed base when I use it. This is very frustrating, so I'm going to sell it for whatever I can get.

Thanks,

S.

Reply to
samson

Sounds like a gloat! You suck!

A well-known Craftsman router feature, the self adjusting collet!

Reply to
B A R R Y

Ah yes, the ARHA feature.... Mine has that as well.

There is one way to fix that, and the nice thing is, when you're done, you also have a boat anchor.

jc

for more info, see:

Joe