DeWalt drill chuck shaft, inner thread spacing?

Anybody know what the inner thread dimensions of a DeWalt 18 volt compact drill might be?

The chuck screws on the outer threaded area of the arbor/shaft (maybe 3/8 x 24 threads), but the inner part of the shaft is also threaded. It appears to be about 1/4 inch diameter, but more than

24 threads per inch.

Thanks.

Reply to
John Doe

Never mind. The inner threaded part helps keep the Chuck from coming off and is reverse threaded, so I could not use it anyway.

Sorry if any reply was already on the way.

Reply to
John Doe

It'll be a left-hand thread, which is probably best obtained from DeWalt ...

Reply to
"<<<

If you're talking about the threads for the small screw that goes through the center of the bottom of the chuck and into the end of the arbor, I don't know what the thread size is, but every drill I've ever seen uses a left-hand thread there.

Reply to
Larry W

That's so the chuck doesn't unscrew when you're running the drill in reverse.

Reply to
Stuart

No kidding? Really? You think so? :)

Reply to