Dewalt 735 thickness planer availability?

Hi,
Was looking for one of these for some Christmas projects (that's what I told her, anyway :) ) and can't seem to locate one. Is Dewalt behind the curve on these lately? What about a reasonable substitute that would work as well that IS available? Perhaps the Delta 22-580?
Thanks!
--Ben

told
well
Tool Crib in Fargo, ND had them on display Friday. You can give them a call! 1-800-437-4100 Greg

call!
They ran out of them by today, but their Minot store had 4 (now 3 :) ) and the Grand Forks store had a couple.
Thanks!
--Ben

You should have called last week, they were 10% off during their grand re-opening/fall sale! Glad you found one anyway! Greg
I had checked on them at Coatal Tools and they said they have sold out and they are going like hot cakes. They do not expect to see them until January. Amazon had them on special for 455 yesterday but is back at 479.
Rich

told
well

Amazon.com has 'em available (ships within 1 to 2 days) and yesterday had a day-after-Thanksgiving Day sale price of $455.
Brian.

I've not seen the DeWalt, but it sure sounds like a very good planer. I have the Delta 580 and like it very much. Woodcraft is having a 10% off Delta on 12/13. With the discount and a rebate, the final cots of the 580 is going to be $309. Ed

Ed,
I was just about to pull the trigger on the 22-580 until I read your post.
How did you hear that they are going to be offering 10% off on the 13th?
Regards, Joe

Here's a link to the 10% information
http://shop.woodcraft.com/Woodcraft/assets/html/delta10.asp?refcode IN12NL&URLCheck=1

I get a flyer in the mail every month. If you are near a Woodcraft, stop by and ask. they sometimes give you the price ahead and writ it up as a lay-away. I don't know if this is standard procedure but it also helps to be on a "first name" basis with one or two of the sales people. They can also tip you off on deals. Ed snipped-for-privacy@snet.net http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

Thanks Ed,
I called the new local store near me, however they won't be open until the 15th. I told them what I wanted and they took my CC info and will open the doors on the 13th for me to pick it up. Very good customer care. I like them already. Good price too.
Regards, Joe
Not sure if I should curse you or thank you :)
Just pulled the trigger last week on the Ridgid 13". $306 (had a 10% coupon) came with a dust collector attachment and stand and 2 sets of blades.
It's still in the garage, in the unopened box. I was going to open it up this weekend, but now I think I want to wait until the 13th to see if I can get the Delta. 580
The Ridgid is a very nice machine, but for the same price (but without some extras) I'd rather get the Delta.

Bought one last week from Amazon.com. Shipped the next day no shipping charges. You can track the package too.
I am pretty sure lowes had the dewalt. ( Wheeling WV area.)
Thanks, Tony D.