DeVilbiss recall: affects compressors and pwr washers

Don't know if you guys have heard but I got a notice from Amazon late yesterday regarding the recall. It affects my PC mobile air compressor. Defective item is plastic wheel hubs. Here is the link to the notice.

notice follows for those who want the whole scoop:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have recently learned that DeVilbiss Air Power Company, in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is voluntarily recalling various brands of pressure washers and air compressors. It has been determined that the pressure washers and air compressors have pneumatic tires with plastic hubs that can burst, posing a laceration or fracture hazard to consumers.

Our records indicate that you have purchased the pressure washer or air compressor through the Amazon.com website and are therefore affected by this recall.

Consumers should stop using these products immediately and contact DeVilbiss to obtain the location of the nearest service center to receive a free replacement of the tires. For additional information, contact DeVilbiss toll-free at (866) 323-9867 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or visit the company's website at

You may find additional details about the recall in the CPSC bulletin at:

you purchased this item as a gift for someone, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information in the CPSC bulletin concerning these safety issues.

We regret the inconvenience this recall has caused you but trust you will understand that the safety of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Amazon.com

note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

Reply to
Ron T.

"Price point" engineering in action. Too bad the cost won't come out of upper pimps... errrr, management's salaries.

Reply to
Swingman

Judging by their salaries even when canned, the upper pimps don't have to succeed to succeed. Most of us don't have the luxury.

It has always been amazing to me how many things are made 99% right, with the one cheap thing causing the whole thing to fail.

Ron T

Reply to
Ron Truitt