Developing a measured drawing

Can anyone tell me any websites, books, or tips on creating a measured drawing from several pictures of a piece of furniture? This more of challenge than I originally thought as this is a chair with lots of angles. As a start I drew the chair (from a photograph) onto paper, then located the two "vanishing points" by extending the lines where the chair feet touch the floor. I took an engineering drafting course in college, which helps a little. TIA
"Phisherman" wrote in message

Check your incoming e-mail.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

Thu, Feb 21, 2008, 2:23pm snipped-for-privacy@nobody.com (Phisherman) doth queyeth: Can anyone tell me any websites, books, or tips on creating a measured drawing from several pictures of a piece of furniture? <snip>
Architect or engineer scale. Freehand sketch on a graph, or graph paper. They work nicely for me. Or, I hear a pantograph will work, but not tried.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I do not have a problem with a woman president - except for Hillary.
On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:00:28 -0500, J T wrote:
Try the free version of Google Sketchup 6 for Windows or Mac
http://sketchup.google.com /
It has a feature called Photomatch to create a 3D model from a photograph. You can dimension for plan views (top, front, side, back, etc.)
You can adjust one dimension and resize model to create 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 scales, etc.
Lot's of other fun stuff like GPS sun/shadow positioning on architectural models, textures, flythru videos, etc. Everything you'd expect from a 3D modeling app.
Free shared 3D warehouse of models to start from including "woodcrafts" (bowls, plates, goblets, ornaments, etc.)
Many video tutorials on youtube, etc. Here's a few intro tutorial video links;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRM7WXU5GrY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSuDoX8SPtU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTFQrJQlByA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3tYEHnQwnY

Adjust textures to try different wood designs, like woodturning software http://www.woodturnerpro.com / http://www.creative-woodturner.com

If I remember right you will need two measurements to start with, height and width. measure the width of the chair at the floor (this may be guess work) and project that measurement to a point in front of the chair from the vanishing point. You can now measure the width of any part of the chair using that measurement or a fraction of it Do the same for the height of the chair. I can't remember how to get the depth of the object but do remember it is a logarithm of some sort. I am sure that some one here will know the answer.

Fww had an article on this some time ago. If I can dig up the issue, I'll post a reply to this message.
jc

The issue is FWW #170, Article is Scaling Furniture from Photos written by Miguel Gmez-Ibez
Good luck,
Joe