Details of bow (frame) saw blades

Greetings, I'm building a bowsaw. I don't have blades yet. I'll hunt around for bits of busted bandsaw blade eventually. I've never actually seen one in person (a bowsaw, not a busted bandsaw blade.)
My question, for people who have actually seen a live bowsaw: Are the blades drilled like hacksaw blades? What diameter hole? How far from the ends are the holes? Are the holes for different brands the same diameter? Are sizes of blades measured hole-to-hole, or by total length?
I'll manufacture the holding bolts when I've got some blade to play with. I don't want to be locked in to one brand of store-bought blade.
I haven't cut the crossbar yet; with some data I'll know whether to go ahead and make it the length of the "bugsaw."
And after this project, I'm planning a frame re-saw.
cheers
--
"Keep your ass behind you."