design question

Keep in mind that it's sometimes difficult to find 1/4" plywood that has a good oak side on both sides (as most of the times, it's used for the backs, so only one good side shows). You'll see both sides in your plans (I'm guessing).

Wood Magazine had an article this past year with plans for something similiar (an entertainment center with 1/4 plywood panels in frames). Theirs was cherry, but obviously you could make it oak.

Reply to
bf

I admire your woodworking but not your analysis of my logic. NB: You get paid for woodworking and I get paid for logic. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

NB: Masters in Philosophy, concentration in Logic.

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

As I said, I get paid for mine - market tested, just as is your woodworking.

Reply to
igor

So, let me get this straight.

You want me to give you credit for having greater logic, because you get paid for it but you are arguing a woodworking point with me, who gets paid for woodworking and, by the same reasoning, you really should just be saying, "well, the guy gets paid for it, so he must be right".

watson - who likes all sorts of silliness, but especially infinite reductions...

tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)

(webpage)

Reply to
Tom Watson

Well, yes.*

(* - I drew the line when you commented on my logic qua logic, extending it: "If you would apply your logic ...".)

Thanks for the dance. -- Igor

Reply to
igor

Sorry, I meant to say, "If we would apply...", thus impugning the argument, rather than the arguer.

Shazzam, Igor - we hardly got our shoes warm :)

Have a good one.