design newcomer for woodworking

Hey all! I just took up small shop woodworking as a "to-do" for my life, a few months ago, and I am interested in doing my own designs. I have tried most of the free CAD proggies out there, none of them have measurement parameters to follow such as pre-setting a size for a rectangle, or rulers that can change to whatever type of measurement. Photoshop does that.

I do have some serious ADHD in my brain so I have decided to draw with paper and pencil. I have tried it on a few designs and I really enjoy it, so can anyone tell me of websites that freely tutor all the basics and rules, principles of manual drafting?

Thanks much in advance!

Alex

Reply to
AAvK