Delta Unisaw vs Delta Unisaw X5

Having spent the last half hour with google looking up the difference between the new Delta X5 Unisaw and the older Delta Unisaw line. I am still confused. What is the difference in the these two saws? Or is the only difference in them the 5 year warrenty and the higher price for X5 line. Is a tool base for the Delta X5 Unisaw with a 50" besseymer fence include as a purchase incentive? Any help would be appreciated since I have been considering the purchase of one of these saws for Christmas.
--
Joe Nation Assistant Superintendent - Retired
Ballinger, Texas 76821

As far as I can tell, the X5 name is purely a marketing thing. You get the 5 year warrenty, and your choice from a short menu of incentives, but the machine itself is identical to last year's model.
The X5 is Delta's way of having yuo spend more money. You get the same saw, plus a bunch of coupons you can use to buy some more tools that you either already have (since a Unisaw is not an entry level tool), or some you have no need of.
They are not rebates, just a "discount" of some merchandise
FWIW, a few months back, the guy that I buy all my tools from locally, a large Delta dealer here in Houston, swears that there is NO difference in the X5 UniSaw, other than the warranty/price. We were specifically discussing the UniSaw and Delta's 6" and 8" jointers at the time.
I believe him on this issue .. I've done too much business with them for him not be straight with me. However, considering Delta's recent history, I would expect that could change without warning.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/21/03

still
Is
Looks like Woodworker's Supply has a pretty good deal on pre-X5 limited edition Unisaws right now:
http://woodworker.com/cgi-bin/FULLPRES.exe?PARTNUM6-841&ova02
Joe Nation wrote:

--
To reply, change the chemical designation to its common name.

Same saw, longer warranty, coupon book. Unless you get some sort of deal on the saw, the warranty extension is not worth the extra money as if something is going to go wrong, it will go wrong in the first year or so. However, I just bought the "x" version of the 15 inch planer, and you get a choice of a mobile base for the machine, a delta cordless drill, or a Porter Cable 690 router as a free promotion. Same deal with the unisaw. I took the router, its a $140 item. I'd wait for a wood show if I were you, I went to the Ft. Washington PA show and got pricing on the planer and a DJ-20 8" jointer equal to that of amazon.com, plus free mobile bases, plus the router, and free delivery of the machines. Good luck.