Delta TS350: Convertible to 240V ???

I'm thinking of buying the Delta TS350 table saw. Reason: It is deeply discounted at Lowe's (there was another thread about that). And rumor has it that it has an induction motor (not universal motor), cast-iron table wings, and standard-size mitor slot.

Only one fly in the ointment: As far as I can see, the motor is 120V only. I would like to convert it to 240V, as I like to run all major tools on 240V. Yes, I know that a 120V can handle the 1HP motor, but

240V is just cleaner (less bogging down, lights don't dim).

Anyone know whether the motor is actually convertible? I've never seen an induction motor that couldn't be easily rewired for 240V.

Yes, I know I should really buy the General 650 I've been dreaming of, but it is about 10x more expensive, wouldn't fit through the door of the shop without removing the fence rails, would require a massive mobile base to move around, and so on.

Reply to
_firstname_

No, 110 volt only

Reply to
nrbreezeet

Well 16 years to get an answer, wonder which saw he bought?

Reply to
Markem618

You'd think the homemoaners club members would find another hobby. They're clearly having trouble with basic tools.

Reply to
krw